Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby dream_017 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:03 am

Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Have a safe trip
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Postby Metroid » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:12 am

No dealing with a loss is never easy, no matter what their age or health conditions, its always hard. Hang in there though. ;-D

You know when my mom passed in June I was pretty tore up and the the funeral was tough but afterward we had sort of a wake at my dads house, it was nice to socialize with family I dont see often and talk about my mom. If your family does something like that it should make it easier.

Best wishes bro. ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Guru13 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:37 pm

sorry to hear that man, thoughts and prayers are with you and your family and friends, my grandmother has alzheimers, and sometimes it's just really tough, hope the trip is safe.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby SniperShot » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:47 pm

Metroid wrote:No dealing with a loss is never easy, no matter what their age or health conditions, its always hard. Hang in there though. ;-D

You know when my mom passed in June I was pretty tore up and the the funeral was tough but afterward we had sort of a wake at my dads house, it was nice to socialize with family I dont see often and talk about my mom. if your family does something like that it should make it easier.

Best wishes bro. ;-D
Yes it is very good to see so many people I have not before. Overall it is a happy time because we all know he was really hurting and needed to move on. Who knows though. Got the wake tomorrow and the funeral Saturday so we will see exactly how things turn out. I'm sure it will probably get a little tough but it's all good.

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone! ;-D

This hotel rocks, got computers and everything. I wasn't able to bring my laptop but it wasn't needed!
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby sportsaddict » Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:06 pm

SniperShot wrote:
Metroid wrote:No dealing with a loss is never easy, no matter what their age or health conditions, its always hard. Hang in there though. ;-D

You know when my mom passed in June I was pretty tore up and the the funeral was tough but afterward we had sort of a wake at my dads house, it was nice to socialize with family I dont see often and talk about my mom. if your family does something like that it should make it easier.

Best wishes bro. ;-D
Yes it is very good to see so many people I have not before. Overall it is a happy time because we all know he was really hurting and needed to move on. Who knows though. Got the wake tomorrow and the funeral Saturday so we will see exactly how things turn out. I'm sure it will probably get a little tough but it's all good.

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone! ;-D

This hotel rocks, got computers and everything. I wasn't able to bring my laptop but it wasn't needed!

I remember when my Grandapa passed away a few years ago. The funny thing about it was that while I was very sad and torn up about it, at the same time I was very comforted and refreshed by some of the things everyone said about him. There were lots of stories that everyone shared about his life, and despite being a really sad time its also a time to reflect too.

Best wishes Sniper ;-D
"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."

-Joe Theismann (pronounced theese-MAN, not rhyming with Heisman)
sportsaddict
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:03 am

You and your family are definitely in our prayers Sniper. No matter how 'expected' a passing may be, it does not take away from the realization of a lack of present and future memories. However, a funeral can be a celebration of the memories that will live on with you and everyone else who knew him.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Previous

Return to General Talk