The Helmet Debate - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to College Football

The Helmet Debate

Moderator: Football Moderators

Which helmet type do you prefer?

Decals
12
33%
Not-Decals
24
67%
 
Total votes : 36

Postby PACKman1144 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:24 pm

Munboy wrote:I'm quite fond of the dog bones on UGA's helmets. I haven't figured out why there are white and black bones though. :-B



And yes, I have noticed OSU has pot leaves on their helmets. :-b


The white ones are for play on the field the black ones are for academics. ;-D
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Posts: 2636
Joined: 17 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: NC State

Postby Atog » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:57 pm

PACKman1144 wrote:
Munboy wrote:I'm quite fond of the dog bones on UGA's helmets. I haven't figured out why there are white and black bones though. :-B



And yes, I have noticed OSU has pot leaves on their helmets. :-b


The white ones are for play on the field the black ones are for academics. ;-D


WHAT!?!?!

OSU does academics????
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 4660
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 11 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Ann Arbor

Postby ShoelessJoe » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:04 pm

Atog wrote:
PACKman1144 wrote:
Munboy wrote:I'm quite fond of the dog bones on UGA's helmets. I haven't figured out why there are white and black bones though. :-B



And yes, I have noticed OSU has pot leaves on their helmets. :-b


The white ones are for play on the field the black ones are for academics. ;-D


WHAT!?!?!

OSU does academics????


He is referring to Georgia and their different colored dog bones. But it is equally surprising that they have academics at Georgia, I mean... this is the place that had the test question: "How many points is a three-pointer worth?"
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach


Posts: 1621
Joined: 1 Oct 2002
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Gainesville, FL

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:32 pm

ShoelessJoe wrote:
Atog wrote:
PACKman1144 wrote:
Munboy wrote:I'm quite fond of the dog bones on UGA's helmets. I haven't figured out why there are white and black bones though. :-B



And yes, I have noticed OSU has pot leaves on their helmets. :-b


The white ones are for play on the field the black ones are for academics. ;-D


WHAT!?!?!

OSU does academics????


He is referring to Georgia and their different colored dog bones. But it is equally surprising that they have academics at Georgia, I mean... this is the place that had the test question: "How many points is a three-pointer worth?"


How many halves in a Basketball game?
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18976
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: On an Island

Postby stomperrob » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:13 pm

I didn't vote because it really doesn't make any difference to me - I wouldn't want to them on the Wolverines' helmets because of the big logo - I think it would detract from that, but other than that it doesn't matter.
I would however have concerns regarding prejudice - for the schools that do use decals, do the guys without any on their helmets have trouble getting chicks??? ;-) :-D
Image
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13579
(Past Year: 138)
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Steeler Nation!!!

Postby Kilroy » Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:56 pm

eman wrote:I swear to god the buckeyes have marijuana leaves for the stickers. Either way, I vote no decals, clean and simple is the way to go. ;-D


One day during my junior year of high school I was wearing an Ohio State shirt with a Buckeye leaf on it and the ROTC teacher tried to make me take it off beacuse it "promoted drug use". I refused, so we went to see the principal, who just so happened to be an OSU alum. The Shirt stayed on.

That old ESPN commercial with the OSU Equipment guy that puts the pride stickers on was priceless. ;-D
Image

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Posts: 13587
Joined: 6 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Making My List and Checking It Twice...

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:12 pm

I voted no decals because I prefer the clean look but what ever floats your boat. Both look kind of cool. But I always question what the pride stickers are given for.
Cowboys 4 life
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 9515
(Past Year: 79)
Joined: 18 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby aldridg6in » Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:19 am

I actually like the decals depending on how the helmet looks in the first place. I think the stickers on OSU's helmets look pretty good given that the helmet is just plain to begin with.

When I was in college UNC put stickers on their helmets, but they stopped doing that a few years back. I could care less if they ever use them again, but I didn't think they looked that bad.
aldridg6in
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 889
Joined: 22 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Faith, NC

Postby VaderFin » Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:48 pm

Decals are retarded.
Image
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 7030
Joined: 10 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: In my Tie Fighter blowing up Rebels

Postby Atog » Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:08 pm

stomperrob wrote:I didn't vote because it really doesn't make any difference to me - I wouldn't want to them on the Wolverines' helmets because of the big logo - I think it would detract from that, but other than that it doesn't matter.
I would however have concerns regarding prejudice - for the schools that do use decals, do the guys without any on their helmets have trouble getting chicks??? ;-) :-D


Actually, back in the day (by which I mean 90s) Michigan did stickers.

Image
I'm not sure at which point the change was made.
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 4660
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 11 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Ann Arbor

PreviousNext

Return to College Football

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 15:56 hours
(and 37 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact