The Helmet Debate - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to College Football

The Helmet Debate

Moderator: Football Moderators

Which helmet type do you prefer?

Decals
12
33%
Not-Decals
24
67%
 
Total votes : 36

Postby levittator31 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:25 am

CC wrote:
Kilroy1872 wrote:
stomperrob wrote:...and we'll soon return to our historical roots of dominatinating Ohio State (which of course we lead 57-40-6)


Here's a little recent history...

3 in a row. 5 of the last 6.

Gotta live in the now man.

:-b


I believe those games are also in the past.


Well, by that logic, once the game in the Big House next year is finished it will also be in the past because any completed game in the past. I think the most recent game/streak should be the one that counts because bragging rights should be available at times other than during the game.
Go Bengals, NY Giants, Raptors, Blue Jays, Nationals, Wizards, Maple Leafs, Ohio State Football and Basketball, and U Dayton Basketball!
levittator31
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 288
Joined: 15 May 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bethesda, Maryland

Postby CC » Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:32 am

levittator31 wrote:
CC wrote:
Kilroy1872 wrote:
stomperrob wrote:...and we'll soon return to our historical roots of dominatinating Ohio State (which of course we lead 57-40-6)


Here's a little recent history...

3 in a row. 5 of the last 6.

Gotta live in the now man.

:-b


I believe those games are also in the past.


Well, by that logic, once the game in the Big House next year is finished it will also be in the past because any completed game in the past. I think the most recent game/streak should be the one that counts because bragging rights should be available at times other than during the game.


The reason you think that is because that is what suits you as an OSU fan.
Image
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11079
Joined: 30 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Big House.

Postby levittator31 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:10 pm

CC wrote:
levittator31 wrote:
CC wrote:
Kilroy1872 wrote:
stomperrob wrote:...and we'll soon return to our historical roots of dominatinating Ohio State (which of course we lead 57-40-6)


Here's a little recent history...

3 in a row. 5 of the last 6.

Gotta live in the now man.

:-b


I believe those games are also in the past.


I'm just pointing out that

Well, by that logic, once the game in the Big House next year is finished it will also be in the past because any completed game in the past. I think the most recent game/streak should be the one that counts because bragging rights should be available at times other than during the game.


The reason you think that is because that is what suits you as an OSU fan.


I'm just saying that everything is in the past. There has to be some sort of threshold. Otherwise it gets stupid. If the distant past counts, I'm never going to drop Fab 5 and Charles Woodson (all six got paid).
Go Bengals, NY Giants, Raptors, Blue Jays, Nationals, Wizards, Maple Leafs, Ohio State Football and Basketball, and U Dayton Basketball!
levittator31
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 288
Joined: 15 May 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bethesda, Maryland

Postby CC » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:56 pm

levittator31 wrote:
CC wrote:
levittator31 wrote:
CC wrote:
Kilroy1872 wrote:
stomperrob wrote:...and we'll soon return to our historical roots of dominatinating Ohio State (which of course we lead 57-40-6)


Here's a little recent history...

3 in a row. 5 of the last 6.

Gotta live in the now man.

:-b


I believe those games are also in the past.


I'm just pointing out that

Well, by that logic, once the game in the Big House next year is finished it will also be in the past because any completed game in the past. I think the most recent game/streak should be the one that counts because bragging rights should be available at times other than during the game.


The reason you think that is because that is what suits you as an OSU fan.


I'm just saying that everything is in the past. There has to be some sort of threshold. Otherwise it gets stupid. If the distant past counts, I'm never going to drop Fab 5 and Charles Woodson (all six got paid).


That really isn't relevant in regards to this conversation, and if OSU wants to start slinging mud about low character guys Michigan fans have handfuls of ammo.
Image
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11079
Joined: 30 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Big House.

Postby Atog » Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:52 pm

I think low character expands outside of the program itself, also.
The only thing that makes Michigan students riot is the Vietnam War ;-D
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 4660
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 11 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Ann Arbor

Postby confused_jake » Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:04 am

I'd like the decals if they only got 1 for a significant accomplishment. Like 1 for a 100 yd rushing game, or a 300 yd passing game, 10 pancake blocks(so the line gets some love).i hate how its like "get one catch and heres a sticker"
confused_jake
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1265
Joined: 1 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby dream_017 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:18 pm

I actually like decals ;-D So to those that say it is a does your team have them or not doesn't apply. I liked when Michigan had the decals ;-D The OSU ones are ugly though :-b
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 15315
(Past Year: 69)
Joined: 3 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Ford Field: Section - 132; Row - 19; Seat - 11

Previous

Return to College Football

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 13:53 hours
(and 36 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact