#5 Pick in Peformance League - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

#5 Pick in Peformance League

Moderator: Football Moderators

#5 Pick in Peformance League

Postby Destroyrs » Thu Aug 29, 2002 12:29 pm

I am picking #5 out of an 8 team performance league. I believe Faulk, Green, Alexander, and Williams will be gone with the first 4 picks. I prefer 2 RB's in the first two rounds, but if Warner is available, should I take him? I usually draft QB's later. :-)
Destroyrs
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby kashikis » Thu Aug 29, 2002 12:46 pm

i have the same outlook as you do about 2 RB right off the bat but i think it could be well worth your while to go after warner at that spot.
he always puts up mass points for your team every week and that stability is great to have. so i say take him then get a tomlinson or a-train in the 2nd round. Warner is the only player that id take in the first that isnt a RB especially in the bottom half of the first.
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby terpfan » Thu Aug 29, 2002 1:48 pm

i agree. take warner and then a rb with ur next pick.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby n_tremain23 » Thu Aug 29, 2002 2:23 pm

With the #5 pick,Faulk,Alexander,Warner,Green will most likely be gone.If ANY of those players are still left you want to jump on the opportunity without thinking twice.Ok?If none of those are available,then you could go with a RB like Tomlinson,Holmes,or Thomas,or you could go with a stud QB like Garcia,Cullpepper,Manning,McNabb,or Favre.Either way you want to go you will want to pick the opposite next round.So if you take Garcia,2nd round pick the best RB available.If you take Holmes or another RB,then take a stud QB 2nd round,then come back in the 3rd and grab your 2nd RB.
n_tremain23

Return to Football Talk