Bench rules??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Bench rules???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby ABA316 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:36 pm

My redraft league (no IR spot) went from 8 to 5 bench spots this year.

That I know of everyone liked the change..forces you to MANAGE a team especially if you have bye's.

One team didn't plan for bye weeks in the draft and ended up having not enough players for one week. He chose not to drop anyone (and he had a couple of not so great players he couuld have let go) and lost to me by 10 points..the excuse was "half my team is on a bye"..well draft and manage smarter is what I say to that.

Besides, as was mentioned earlier, the wire is barren enough in a 14 team league without people sitting on 8 or more bench spots.

For what it's worth, with the larger bench our move limit was I believe 36. There was no move limit with the smaller bench.
ABA316 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby eman » Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:54 pm

Personally Im a fan of 5-6 bench spots and 1 IR spot. 4 IR spots is way overboard for the various reasons posted above.
eman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby spodog » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:15 pm

We always set roster size to 2x the starting lineup and allow for up to 4 IR spots in addition to that.

As stated in this thread, the IR spots can ONLY be used for players that are actually on an NFL IR report.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Commissioner's Corner