Please tell me I am hearing wrong about Jeff Fisher... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Tennessee Titans

Please tell me I am hearing wrong about Jeff Fisher...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Please tell me I am hearing wrong about Jeff Fisher...

Postby Aaron's Arsenal » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:38 am

Don't get too excited because it's not of NFL network or ESPN or Titans online, but I was told by someone that knows "people" in Nashville that are saying Fisher will be traded for two #1 draft picks. Sounds crazy to me, he is the best coach for us and I wouldn't see him being worth merely a #1 pick in '07 and another in '08...Hopefully just a rumor in Nashville, but Iwanted to see if anyone else heard the same?
Aaron's Arsenal
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Karoz » Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:21 am

I wouldn't give this rumor much consideration.

The Titans wouldn't make such an ignorant move. Fisher is the face of the Titans organization, and he is a great coach. Jeff helped the Titans achieve a record of 8-3 over the final 11 games of the season, and getting rid of him would severely hurt the morale of the team, which would shatter any momentum that might have carried over into 2007.

Besides, the Coach FA pool is very shallow right now, and the Titans wouldn't be able to find a coach that would be able to replace Jeff. This would be a horrible move, and it would upset a lot of fans, including myself. Again, I would be shocked if this rumor had any credibility, as I think that Bud Adams is much too smart to make such an ignorant move.
Karoz
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Aaron's Arsenal » Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:14 pm

Thanks for the re-assurance. I too thought it to not sound credible, but the person that told me knows people in the org. and that's why it scared me a bit. He also said the Titans were looking to pick up Kyle Turley...heard anything about that? Also a bad move in my oppinion...unless you put an "injury clause" in the contract.
Aaron's Arsenal
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Karoz » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:35 pm

Haven't heard anything about Turley.

His history with injuries would worry me, if the Titans were to pick him up. However, as long as he doesn't use up a lot of cap room, then it couldn't hurt to sign him. I've only watched him play a few times, but from what I saw, he looked like a decent lineman. If nothing else, he would make a good back-up.
Karoz
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Tennessee Titans