Week 20 GC: New Orleans @ Chicago - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Week 20 GC: New Orleans @ Chicago

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby sportsguy138 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:29 pm

The Bears sure did deserve to win this one. Not a great game by Grossman, but our running game and defence really bailed us out.

Can't wait till the super bowl match up.

GO BEARS GOOO!! :-D
sportsguy138
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:31 pm

Congrats to the Bears and their fans. Your D & running game got the job done despite Grossman. Feels like the 2000 Ravens all over again.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ateam » Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:39 pm

BEARS NFC CHAMPS !!!!!

WOO-HOO!

PARTY ON CHITOWN! ;-D :-D
ateam
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby sportsaddict » Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:45 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:
sportsaddict wrote:
lsufan wrote:Looks like that might be the nail in the coffin folks. :-t

Don't say that just yet.

Drew Brees and Co. aren't done yet. I wouldn't be surprised if they came back.

I agree. It's not likely and I wouldn't expect it, but it very well could haaaa........never mind. INT by Vasher. They're done. :-t

Boy was I wrong. Chicago laid a smackdown on NO today.
"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."

-Joe Theismann (pronounced theese-MAN, not rhyming with Heisman)
sportsaddict
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby ateam » Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:55 pm

noren0 wrote:
sportsguy138 wrote:
noren0 wrote:I think all of the refs' cheating in the first half might be too much for the Saints to overcome :,-(

Way to come up with excuses.

I'm not "coming up with excuses." It happened dude, two horrible calls... the fumble and the BS offensive pass interference.

Whiners are funny. :~(

:-b
ateam
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby sportsaddict » Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:09 pm

ateam wrote:
noren0 wrote:
sportsguy138 wrote:
noren0 wrote:I think all of the refs' cheating in the first half might be too much for the Saints to overcome :,-(

I'm not "coming up with excuses." It happened dude, two horrible calls... the fumble and the BS offensive pass interference.

I make it a point not the blame the officials for a loss. They are never the cause, but thats a common excuse for people to use when their team lost. Obviously, they made a few bad calls, but that didn't cost NO the game. They lost the turnover battle and made critical mistakes in critical situations. The Bears didn't and thats why they won. ;-D
"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."

-Joe Theismann (pronounced theese-MAN, not rhyming with Heisman)
sportsaddict
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby stomperrob » Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:11 pm

ateam wrote:
noren0 wrote:
sportsguy138 wrote:

Refs cheating??? Here comes the conspiracy theories again - call the National Enquirer! :-B :-t
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby negativism » Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:13 pm

Vlad the Impaler_ffc wrote:What happened to that power running game of the Saints I heard so much about last week?

Well they were playing the Eagles last week and unfortunately for the Eagle faithful anyone can have a power running game aganinst them.

The Saints did what they do best.

Pass

They just did a terrible job of it today and combined with a great performance from the Bears D the result was ..well... a massacare.
negativism
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby knapplc » Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:18 pm

I just cruised through this thread and I guess I shouldn't be surprised that the Bears are STILL not getting respect, but I kinda am. What kind of funny stuff are you people smoking? This Bears team more than anything else resembles the 2001 Ravens - except the Bears can actually score.

This was a smackdown. This was an annihilation. The Saints were barely in this game, and when it came down to it the Bears TOOK this game. Nobody - not the Saints, not the Refs - NOBODY gave this game to the Bears. They earned it. Period.

For those of you griping about the officiating being biased against the Saints I want you to tell me this - how in the world does a "biased" officiating crew let the Saints get away with a Pick Play on Bush's 88-yard TD? Yeah the refs made mistakes, but they made poor calls against both teams. Stop whining and take it like men. The Saints got the tails whupped. It had nothing to do with the officiating.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:39 pm

knapplc wrote:I just cruised through this thread and I guess I shouldn't be surprised that the Bears are STILL not getting respect, but I kinda am. What kind of funny stuff are you people smoking? This Bears team more than anything else resembles the 2001 Ravens - except the Bears can actually score.

This was a smackdown. This was an annihilation. The Saints were barely in this game, and when it came down to it the Bears TOOK this game. Nobody - not the Saints, not the Refs - NOBODY gave this game to the Bears. They earned it. Period.

For those of you griping about the officiating being biased against the Saints I want you to tell me this - how in the world does a "biased" officiating crew let the Saints get away with a Pick Play on Bush's 88-yard TD? Yeah the refs made mistakes, but they made poor calls against both teams. Stop whining and take it like men. The Saints got the tails whupped. It had nothing to do with the officiating.

Excellent points - some people just can't be gracious in defeat. Every time their team loses, it's if, if, if, if - ad infinitum! I guess if we take it to it's illogical conclusion, if only the Bears hadn't scored those 39 pts, the Saints would have won that game. :-? :*)
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting