Week 20 GC: New England @ Indianapolis - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Week 20 GC: New England @ Indianapolis

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:35 am

Now that this thread has settled down, I would like to comment on Brady's arm strength. Obviously, Manning has it but I really don't think that Brady gets enough credit for that. He has a gun when he needs it.
"There is no bad beer. Some are better than others."
Image
Lofunzo
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Baseball ModHockey Mod
Posts: 1287
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 2008 GOM: 6

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:29 am

quitesanemax wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:
Wow Maddog! Great point. This is as much proof as any that Brady didn't win the super bowls. The TEAM did.


Of course it was the TEAM that won! How long have you been a football fan??? Football is a team sport, and the Patriots, the last few years, have been so good because they have taken TEAM to a new level. Pats fans usually argue that when it comes to clutch play, no QB playing in the NFL now is better than Tom Brady in that department. The stats just don't show that.

Also, Peyton Manning had to carry that team... why is that? Because the Colts have spent so much money on Peyton Manning, Reggie Wayne, and Marvin Harrison... so they can't buy themselves a defense... generally.

But it looks like the Colts might get that monkey off their back after all. Good win by the Colts this past weekend. It might require me to do some rethinking about defenses winning championships in the NFL... but then, that depends on what the Bears are able to do.


Since about 1979 or so. Roger Staubach's last year before Danny White. How about you?

Please tell me why the media touts Brady as god because of his 3 rings. All I hear all day is how Brady led his team to 3 SB's. Never anything about the team. I'm in agreement that the team won those SB's and not just Brady. The media just doesn't see it that way.

I don't think Brady is the best qb in the league. I believe Peyton is which is why I wrote that.

I agree with the second part. The Colts are an offensive team. And even though Dungy is a defensive minded coach he built this team around the offense.
Cowboys 4 life
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 9515
(Past Year: 79)
Joined: 18 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:50 am

Cowboys 4 life wrote:
quitesanemax wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:
Wow Maddog! Great point. This is as much proof as any that Brady didn't win the super bowls. The TEAM did.


Of course it was the TEAM that won! How long have you been a football fan??? Football is a team sport, and the Patriots, the last few years, have been so good because they have taken TEAM to a new level. Pats fans usually argue that when it comes to clutch play, no QB playing in the NFL now is better than Tom Brady in that department. The stats just don't show that.

Also, Peyton Manning had to carry that team... why is that? Because the Colts have spent so much money on Peyton Manning, Reggie Wayne, and Marvin Harrison... so they can't buy themselves a defense... generally.

But it looks like the Colts might get that monkey off their back after all. Good win by the Colts this past weekend. It might require me to do some rethinking about defenses winning championships in the NFL... but then, that depends on what the Bears are able to do.


Since about 1979 or so. Roger Staubach's last year before Danny White. How about you?

Please tell me why the media touts Brady as god because of his 3 rings. All I hear all day is how Brady led his team to 3 SB's. Never anything about the team. I'm in agreement that the team won those SB's and not just Brady. The media just doesn't see it that way.

I don't think Brady is the best qb in the league. I believe Peyton is which is why I wrote that.

I agree with the second part. The Colts are an offensive team. And even though Dungy is a defensive minded coach he built this team around the offense.


Depends which media outlet you are looking at. I have seen many sources praise Brady no more than the HC or the defense.

And I disagree completely that Dungy built this team around offense. Moore was there years before him and Dungy was smart enough to leave well enough alone. Not sure that Dungy has had much to do about that at all.
"There is no bad beer. Some are better than others."
Image
Lofunzo
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Baseball ModHockey Mod
Posts: 1287
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 2008 GOM: 6

Postby maddog60 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:05 am

RocketsDWM wrote:Those are only 4 out of the 14 games he has played in the post-season. Why not share the whole picture and not just certain ones that make your point look good?


Because the others do not disprove my point.

My point: Manning always has to play well to win in the playoffs to win. Brady can have a sub-par day and still win.

Notice how the absolute is attributed to Manning, not Brady. Nothing to do with hiding the whole picture, everything to do with being concise. If you disagree, then please actually show how Brady's other games disprove my point.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 9758
Joined: 18 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 17:39 hours
(and 36 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact