trivia blitz question glitch - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Cafe Games Talk

trivia blitz question glitch

Moderator: Football Moderators

trivia blitz question glitch

Postby POSADA is KING » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:16 pm

I think there is a glitch in 'Fin Fan 15's question. When I opened it up, there was no linnk to the thread to post my answer.
POSADA is KING
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: trivia blitz question glitch

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:42 pm

POSADA is KING wrote:I think there is a glitch in 'Fin Fan 15's question. When I opened it up, there was no linnk to the thread to post my answer.

I saw this post so I opened it up to see for myself. I know the admins can do the same but here's what comes up:

Fin Fan's Question wrote:BLACK COACH

Who is the first African-American head coach to lead his team to the Super Bowl?

Post your answer in this thread!

I'll post a link to this thread in the site issue forum.

I previewed this post before submitting it and for some reason what I quoted for Fin Fan comes up how it's supposed to!??

I clicked on "this thread", wrote the answer....and sure enough my answer is posted with a time of 5+ minutes. That's really messed up because when you click on the question it didn't give you a link like it does in my post here. Very, very strange. :-?

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby POSADA is KING » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:54 pm

This is what came up when I opened the question.

BLACK COACH

Who is the first African-American head coach to lead his team to the Super Bowl?

POSADA is KING
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby POSADA is KING » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:56 pm

Wow...When I open the question it is the URL and not the link, but when I copied the URL and quoted it here, it posted it as a link...Sucks too because it is such an easy question haha.
POSADA is KING
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:56 pm

POSADA is KING wrote:This is what came up when I opened the question.

BLACK COACH

See, it did the same for you. When we opened up the question there was no link to click on but when we copy & paste what did show up the link appears. :-?

flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:58 pm

POSADA is KING wrote:Wow...When I open the question it is the URL and not the link, but when I copied the URL and quoted it here, it posted it as a link...Sucks too because it is such an easy question haha.

I hear you there. Fastest to click, type, and click would've won that and all the times would've been VERY low. :,-(

flotsamnjetsam

Postby POSADA is KING » Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:00 pm

Looks like your 5 minutes puts you ahead of my 42 lol
POSADA is KING
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:07 pm

POSADA is KING wrote:Looks like your 5 minutes puts you ahead of my 42 lol

LOL! :-b

They'll get it fixed and 10 seconds or under will win. :,-(

flotsamnjetsam

Postby POSADA is KING » Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:37 pm

Actually the question was valid because it asked for the first to ever do it and Smith obviously did it before Dungy did.
POSADA is KING
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:54 am

POSADA is KING wrote:Actually the question was valid because it asked for the first to ever do it and Smith obviously did it before Dungy did.

Yeah but both Smith & Dungy will be coaching in the SB at the same time. I know technically you're right but the question is still tainted because some people will answer Smith and some people will answer both. Not to mention the fact that I made a mistake by posting the question in this thread when I tried to post the broken link that somehow worked in this thread. Joel saw that and that's why he got the answer in 18 seconds. He answered the question through this thread and not the normal way.

flotsamnjetsam

Next

Return to Cafe Games Talk