Give Out Your Gameball - Conference Championship Sunday - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Give Out Your Gameball - Conference Championship Sunday

Moderator: Football Moderators

Give Out Your Gameball - Conference Championship Sunday

Postby KoopaTroopa211 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:57 am

There were a lot of stellar performances today, but the one who stands out the most in my mind is Dallas Clark.

137 yards on 6 receptions, including a pair of crucial long grabs on 2 of Indy's late-game drives. An outstanding performance from someone you probably didn't expect it from.
KoopaTroopa211 wrote:This is a talented team that under any other circumstances would be an absolute lock for their 4th championship, but I can't shake the feeling that the push for 16-0 will in the end be the undoing of this team in the playoffs.
KoopaTroopa211
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:01 am

AFC: Peyton Manning
NFC: Chicago's D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:24 am

Nice to see someone mentioned Dallas Clark. Very cool and I have to say, Manning and Clark certainly deserve a lot of love from Indy fans. I'd say they got my gameball votes for the AFC Game.

The NFC Game, I'd say Thomas Jones gets my vote. He ran with some serious authority en route to a big win. They won the battle in the trenches and it certainly showed up with his two score performance.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby eman » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:40 am

Reggie Bush. Even though they Saints lost, he was their one bright spot, and is continuing to improve. I think next year he leads them back at least as far as they got this year if not farther.

As for the AFC, definitely Dallas Clark. He was making great catches and making Manning look good. (As if he needs the help)
eman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Jimboozie » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:56 am

Robbie Gould and Adam Vinateri. Money.
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:36 am

AFC has to go to Manning and Dallas Clark. ;-D

NFC would have to be Thomas Jones and the Chicago Defense. Although I am tempted to give it to Berrian for that one super TD catch. That was SICK!!
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joe bass » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:56 am

Chicago D and O-Line. Obviously the D played great, but that O-line not only opened up a lot or running room for T. Jones, they kept Grossman upright throughout the day. No sacks given-up ,and other than the 1st 3 series, he really didn't have much pressure.

Gotta slap any game balls out of Reggie's hands. Although that was one amazing run after the catch, his Bush-league nonsense at the end just made an already mad defense that much more pissed. Pretty stupid stuff, I think it really killed the momentum that had swung to NO. After that, the D locked them down, and they couldn't sustain a drive - no points - all over.

Game Ball to Manning - hell of a gutsy comeback performance. Real happy for the guy, too bad I have to root against him the the Superbowl.
joe bass
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby jcarrey4 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:23 am

joe- gotta agree with you, same MVP's...and that I hate to have to root against Peyton...but if he loses, I'd only want it to be to the Bears, and if the Bears lose, I'd only want it to be to him
jcarrey4
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Dawinner127 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:35 am

AFC - Manning and Clark
NFC - Reggie Bush.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby roninmedia » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:36 am

AFC - Dallas Clark, Manning
NFC - Thomas Jones, Offensive Line
roninmedia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting