Give Out Your Gameball - Conference Championship Sunday - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Give Out Your Gameball - Conference Championship Sunday

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby quitesanemax » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:17 am

Peyton Manning... Against a team that always seems to find a way to beat his team in the playoffs, he throws an interception that makes the score 21-3. He is able to manage his offense to score 35 points and pull out a last minute victory. It would have been real easy for him to fold over after that interception, and give up. I have to give him a lot of credit for not doing that.
quitesanemax
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby PMoneyTKE » Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:54 pm

AFC - My game ball goes to the Colts O-Line...that last drive the Pats were teeing off on Peyton bringing all sorts of pressure and that line gave him the time he needed to complete those passes and drive down the field...best line in football IMHO...

NFC - No question you have to give the game ball to that D, they played awesome against the a highpowered offense

Can't wait for the 4th!! ;-D
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby dgan » Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:46 pm

quitesanemax wrote:Peyton Manning... Against a team that always seems to find a way to beat his team in the playoffs, he throws an interception that makes the score 21-3. He is able to manage his offense to score 35 points and pull out a last minute victory. It would have been real easy for him to fold over after that interception, and give up. I have to give him a lot of credit for not doing that.

Well said. Going to the hurry up was instrumental in wearing down that D and creating matchup problems. He ran it beautifully and then made the critical throws when he needed to. So many demons defeated in that game, and to do it with a game-winning drive like that - gotta give it to Manning.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby FatFoot » Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:08 am

FBBVirgin wrote:Yeah, how about we give Reggie Bush the game ball after he made a great play and then turned that great play into a way to showboat and show his arrogant side.

Other than that one play, he didn't do anything all game. Why on earth would you give him the game ball?

A little late to this thread.

I'm a HUGE Bears fan, but even I have to call this one... didn't you notice the distinct similarity between Reggie Bush's bogus showboating and Hester's a few weeks back? The wing flapping run, the taunt, etc? Hard for me to pretend the Bears didn't earn that taunt on Hester's back.

Game Ball: TJones, Peyton Manning.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:34 am

FatFoot wrote:
FBBVirgin wrote:Yeah, how about we give Reggie Bush the game ball after he made a great play and then turned that great play into a way to showboat and show his arrogant side.

Other than that one play, he didn't do anything all game. Why on earth would you give him the game ball?

A little late to this thread.

I'm a HUGE Bears fan, but even I have to call this one... didn't you notice the distinct similarity between Reggie Bush's bogus showboating and Hester's a few weeks back? The wing flapping run, the taunt, etc? Hard for me to pretend the Bears didn't earn that taunt on Hester's back.

Game Ball: TJones, Peyton Manning.

I wondered about that, but didn't see Hester's live, so I didn't know for sure. That could possibly be true. :-?
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby FBBVirgin » Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:45 pm

Yes, absolutely true. I commented about this in another thread. There is no way he should have been fined if Hester didn't get fined. They are both young, arrogant, successful players that will learn as there years increase.

BUT, my point was that there is no way he should get the game ball for the conference championship game.

Enjoy the game
FBBVirgin
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting