Rooting for Chicago now - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Rooting for Chicago now

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rooting for Chicago now

Postby biju » Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:21 pm

I'm going to have to root for Chicago in the Superbowl. I would like for Manning to win the big game, but there are two big reasons I'd like to see Chicago win:

1. NFC vs. AFC. I'm sick and tired of hearing about how great the AFC is and how weak the NFC is. Maybe that's because as a Seahawks fan I heard the same thing about the AFC when we were in the AFC West.

2. The Bears beat the Seahawks, but only in overtime. And it was a game I still think could have gone either way. In my mind (and yes, this is homerism at its finest) I think the Seahawks could have beat the Saints. And if the Bears win in the Superbowl that means we lost to the best team in the NFL.

Anyone else switching sides for the big game?

8-o
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Jack » Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:31 pm

I hate the Colts, period. Their wins don't say anything about the Jaguars, because any team can beat any other team in the NFL. I hear that I'm supposed to pull for the AFC team--especially, since they're there, the AFC South team--but to hell with them. I couldn't wear my John Henderson jersey with a clear conscience if I did that. I'm not expecting the Colts' fans to give Jacksonville any love or respect if our team goes to the Super Bowl. Go Bears.
Thanks to madaslives911 for this graphic from his site...
MOVE THOSE CHAINS, MOVE THOSE CHAINS, MOVE!
Jack
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Nfl Fan » Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:06 pm

I haven't decided yet.

Da Bears... Smash mouth. Tough D. Thomas Jones, Sexy Rexy, Big Bad Brian Urlacker. This team is a menace, and you gotta like that in football.

Da Colts... What a bunch of nice guys. ;-7 Marvin. Manning. Dundy.

Aaaaaw... SCREW THAT!! :-D

Bears bandwagon, here I come! (for two weeks anyway). ;-)
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby jcarrey4 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:16 pm

Chicago Suburb, Born and raised.

GO BEARS!
jcarrey4
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mrblitz » Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:03 pm

First let me say that I really don't care either way. I was rooting for the Bears in the first game, but only because the Saints knocked out the Eagles. I really don't care who wins, would just like to see a good game.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby benb18a » Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:55 pm

I would like to see a game that is not officiated by Bill Leavy, and I will be a happy man.

Thanks to eagles21 for the awesome sig :)

2011:

Representin' the Cafe in the IBL league: 73-34, 15-8 in Championship Tier playoffs
BBKL: 7-6
Money league: 9-4, #1 seed one and done
benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Jimboozie » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:20 pm

I'm not sure but I think I'm going to root for Indy. It's really tough for me. This is like a parent trying to choose who their favorite son is. I really love both teams and I'll be happy with whoever wins. The only reason I might be rooting for Indy a tad more is to shut up all those Manning critics.
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby eman » Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:20 pm

Looks like Ill be the only Hawks fan pulling for Indy. I dont fell strongly for either team, but I enjoy watching Addai and forgot Peyton, Id like to see Harrison and Wayne get SB rings. Harrison is a class act who has flown under the radar throughout his hall-of-fame-worthy career, and Wayne is fun to watch and an overall nice guy as well. I dont have anything against the Bears, but I also don't really have any players I particularly like aside from Moose, so I'll be rooting for the Colts. :)
eman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:08 pm

I want the Colts. I have always liked Manning/Harrison. Both are class acts. I think Manning is hands down the best qb in the league regardless of the fact that he hasn't won a SB yet. Therefore I'd like to see him get his day in the sun.

And Dungy. How can anyone say anything bad about this guy. His teams are always solid.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby maddog60 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:19 pm

dont really care which team wins. Though either way, Manning or Urlacher, one the games greats at their respective positions will get a ring. Manning I'd like to see get it a little more, just because it'd suck for him to be Marino 2.0. Both coaches have outstanding resumes, lacking that ring, and I kinda pull for Dungy a little here, seeing how he gift wrapped a SB team only fur Gruden to get credit and the ring.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting