Rooting for Chicago now - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Rooting for Chicago now

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby FBBVirgin » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:28 pm

I can honestly say that no matter the outcome, I will be a happy gentleman after the game. I'd by lying if I said I wouldn't be ecstatic if the Bears pulled it off, but the fact that they got there is almost as good as winning the whole thing.

For me, winning the NFC (or the AFC) is huge. The rivalry is there, there isn't a billion stupid commercials slowing down the play, and we don't have NSYNC or whatever marginally talented musical act leaving clouds of smoke and hair gel residue on the field.
FBBVirgin
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 829
Joined: 18 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Postby quitesanemax » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:03 am

I have to root for the Colts, although it was a tough decision for me. There were a few reasons why I was tossing the decision around.

Rooting for the Colts:
1. After what the Pats put Peyton Manning and the Colts through over the last few years, now that they have finally beat my Pats, I kind of feel bad for them, and wouldn't mind seeing them getting over the hump, and finally getting the monkey off their back.

2. Sort of the way the Yankees/Red Sox rivalry means something now, the Colts/Patriots rivalry will mean more if the Colts have won a Superbowl.

3. I, for one, want to see the AFC domination continue a few more years, after those many years of NFC domination.

4. The Bears destroyed us 20 years ago!! lol.

Rooting for the Bears:

1. To keep my theory alive that its defense that wins you championships.

2. I'm so sick of those Peyton Manning commercials!

3. It would be tough to watch Adam Vinitieri get the game winning fieldgoal in another Superbowl... for another team. (Although I suppose it is possible for the Colts to win without a game winning fieldgoal).

Anyway, thats this Patriot's fan's logic...
quitesanemax
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 658
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 8 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Boston, MA.

Postby Munboy » Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:13 am

There's usually a player or coach or somebody I go for that lets me pick a team to go for....But not so this time. I'm sad to say the super bowl extra large eye holds no interest for me at all.... :*)
Image
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1934
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Postby joe bass » Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:20 pm

FBBVirgin wrote:I can honestly say that no matter the outcome, I will be a happy gentleman after the game. I'd by lying if I said I wouldn't be ecstatic if the Bears pulled it off, but the fact that they got there is almost as good as winning the whole thing.

For me, winning the NFC (or the AFC) is huge. The rivalry is there, there isn't a billion stupid commercials slowing down the play, and we don't have NSYNC or whatever marginally talented musical act leaving clouds of smoke and hair gel residue on the field.


I am w/ you on this. Considering we have been "one and done" each time over the last couple of decades, it's nice to get that behind us. It's weird to actually type, but just seeing them make it back to the superbowl makes this an amazing season that won't be significantly diminished (for me) if they lose the Superbowl.

Now, I of course am hoping they beat the Colts, or at least keep it a competitive game, but if the Colts end-up winning, I can be happy for one hell of a class team. Manning and Harrison are two of the best examples in the league of how to conduct yourself on and off the field, so it wouldn't be as tough a pill to swallow.

Go Bears!!!!
joe bass
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 113
Joined: 18 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby quitesanemax » Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:36 pm

Manning and Harrison are two of the best examples in the league of how to conduct yourself on and off the field, so it wouldn't be as tough a pill to swallow.

Go Bears!!!!


It seems to be a familiar theme. I love the way everytime Manning loses in the playoffs he throws another one (or many) of his teammates under the bus. thats exactly the best example of how to conduct yourself on and off the field when it comes to a sport like football, which is so much about the team. The rest of the Colts better hope they win the Superbowl, or they could be the next ones to be thrown under the bus.

It may be that I'm sick of hearing people talk about how Brady is classless... etc... at least he didn't throw his teammates under the bus. He took the blame squarely in his postgame interview.

Peyton sure as heck is classy... as long as he is winning, but he is just as much a sore loser as the rest of them. Being a sore loser doesn't bother me. Show me someone who isn't a sore loser, and I'll show you someone who is just used to losing. But in a team sport, you shouldn't be throwing your teammates under the bus.
quitesanemax
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 658
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 8 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Boston, MA.

Postby PMoneyTKE » Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:56 pm

Even if I wasnt a huge Colts fan, I would be pulling for one of the nicest guys around, who doesnt get near the credit he deserves for being one of the best players in his position in the history of the NFL. He flys under the radar moving up the All-Time lists and setting record after record unnoticed because he doesnt crave attention or need respect from anyone but himself. I'm talking of course about Marvin Harrison. Above anyone else he deserves a Super Bowl ring...IMHO
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2934
Joined: 15 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Indy

Postby biju » Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:44 pm

joe bass wrote:
FBBVirgin wrote:I can honestly say that no matter the outcome, I will be a happy gentleman after the game. I'd by lying if I said I wouldn't be ecstatic if the Bears pulled it off, but the fact that they got there is almost as good as winning the whole thing.

For me, winning the NFC (or the AFC) is huge. The rivalry is there, there isn't a billion stupid commercials slowing down the play, and we don't have NSYNC or whatever marginally talented musical act leaving clouds of smoke and hair gel residue on the field.


I am w/ you on this. Considering we have been "one and done" each time over the last couple of decades, it's nice to get that behind us. It's weird to actually type, but just seeing them make it back to the superbowl makes this an amazing season that won't be significantly diminished (for me) if they lose the Superbowl.

Now, I of course am hoping they beat the Colts, or at least keep it a competitive game, but if the Colts end-up winning, I can be happy for one hell of a class team. Manning and Harrison are two of the best examples in the league of how to conduct yourself on and off the field, so it wouldn't be as tough a pill to swallow.

Go Bears!!!!


I'm sure both of you guys are thinking this now, but if "circumstances" arise where you think the Bears should have won the Superbowl you'll be singing a different tune in two weeks.

Trust me, I know... :-D
Image
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 5941
Joined: 6 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Seattle - Ballard

Postby Nfl Fan » Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:19 pm

biju wrote:
joe bass wrote:
FBBVirgin wrote:I can honestly say that no matter the outcome, I will be a happy gentleman after the game. I'd by lying if I said I wouldn't be ecstatic if the Bears pulled it off, but the fact that they got there is almost as good as winning the whole thing.

For me, winning the NFC (or the AFC) is huge. The rivalry is there, there isn't a billion stupid commercials slowing down the play, and we don't have NSYNC or whatever marginally talented musical act leaving clouds of smoke and hair gel residue on the field.


I am w/ you on this. Considering we have been "one and done" each time over the last couple of decades, it's nice to get that behind us. It's weird to actually type, but just seeing them make it back to the superbowl makes this an amazing season that won't be significantly diminished (for me) if they lose the Superbowl.

Now, I of course am hoping they beat the Colts, or at least keep it a competitive game, but if the Colts end-up winning, I can be happy for one hell of a class team. Manning and Harrison are two of the best examples in the league of how to conduct yourself on and off the field, so it wouldn't be as tough a pill to swallow.

Go Bears!!!!


I'm sure both of you guys are thinking this now, but if "circumstances" arise where you think the Bears should have won the Superbowl you'll be singing a different tune in two weeks.

Trust me, I know... :-D


Ya mean somebody paying off the refs???????????????? :-#








yeah, yeah, I know... 'get over it'... and, 'you still crying about that?'... well, we're NOT over it and we don't plan on getting over it because we got jobbed!!! It was a sham. A travesty of epic proportions.... but at least they got the thumb and the NFL got their money and we're just whining and......

:-P
Image
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 6275
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 18 May 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: AUTZEN!!!!!!

Postby NittanyLions » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:55 pm

:-b Oh Seahawks, when will you get over it and stop making yourselves look like 5 year old sore losers? Seriously.

Anyway, I HATE the Pats so my distaste for the Colts has weakened.
I really don't care who wins, I'd like to see the AFC win, but I think it'd be amusing to see Peyton lose. I know, it's mean }:-)
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 9345
Joined: 29 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Happy Valley

Postby steelerfan513 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:33 pm

NittanyLions wrote::-b Oh Seahawks, when will you get over it and stop making yourselves look like 5 year old sore losers? Seriously.

Anyway, I HATE the Pats so my distaste for the Colts has weakened.
I really don't care who wins, I'd like to see the AFC win, but I think it'd be amusing to see Peyton lose. I know, it's mean }:-)


I agree with everything stated above, especially the first part.
Image
Image
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Posts: 11906
Joined: 15 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 11:47 hours
(and 42 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact