Rooting for Chicago now - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Rooting for Chicago now

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby joe bass » Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:18 am

quitesanemax wrote:
joe bass wrote:Good luck to your team!

U2, it was one hell of a season for your team, especially considering the turnover at key positions. Coming that close to making it back to the big dance was more than I thought they'd be able to do this year.

I only hope the Bears, and fans, are on the cusp of the level of success the Patriot, and fans, have become accustomed to.
joe bass
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby quitesanemax » Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:18 pm

joe bass wrote:
quitesanemax wrote:
joe bass wrote:Good luck to your team!

U2, it was one hell of a season for your team, especially considering the turnover at key positions. Coming that close to making it back to the big dance was more than I thought they'd be able to do this year.

I only hope the Bears, and fans, are on the cusp of the level of success the Patriot, and fans, have become accustomed to.

What the Patriots have done over the last few years is very special, and I need to remember that. Its easy to take for granted sometimes. At some point in the future, they are going to be an average team again, or worse than that, they will go back to what they were before Robert Kraft came along, and then I will long for these days.

With Lovie Smith at the helm, I wouldn't be too surprised if something like that happened.
quitesanemax
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Nfl Fan » Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:51 pm

treat24 wrote:
NittanyLions wrote::-b Oh Seahawks, when will you get over it and stop making yourselves look like 5 year old sore losers? Seriously.

Anyway, I HATE the Pats so my distaste for the Colts has weakened.
I really don't care who wins, I'd like to see the AFC win, but I think it'd be amusing to see Peyton lose. I know, it's mean }:-)

i agree... you need to get over it... the nfl has been nudging games in the direction they want for at least 20 years (not fixing games... just slight nudging... THERE IS NO CONSPIRACY!!!)... it's now so common knowledge that it's part of the game... every team has to deal with it. It's a tough break for Seattle fans but most teams have had that "shoulda won it" scenario at some point but the refs or nfl made the game edge towards the other guy...

Um...
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-[

we don't want to get over it. we would rather wallow in loathing and self-pity. cheaters. leavy sucks. :-b
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby tfunky14 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:57 pm

Chicago wins a close one , far above the over line of 48
34-31 Bears BABY!!!!!!!!!

Nice commet, pretty classy guy.

Lets be honest Colts win 31 - 17.

Mod edit of quote
tfunky14
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 20)

Postby FBBVirgin » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:44 pm

You are saying let's be honest and following that up with a prediction?

Okay, let's be honest, I think my next girlfriend is going to have the sex drive of a rabbit, looks that rival angelina jolie, a sense of humor that rivals Sarah Silverman and the bank account of Ivanka Trump

But I am just being honest. (about my prediction)
FBBVirgin
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby quitesanemax » Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:44 pm

FBBVirgin wrote:You are saying let's be honest and following that up with a prediction?

Okay, let's be honest, I think my next girlfriend is going to have the sex drive of a rabbit, looks that rival angelina jolie, a sense of humor that rivals Sarah Silverman and the bank account of Ivanka Trump

But I am just being honest. (about my prediction)

Well, geesh, if thats what your honestly waiting for, no wonder your FBBVirgin... lol.
quitesanemax
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:59 am

Green and Gold wrote:I think they cranked up the thermostat in the Indy Dome the other day to wear down the Pats big boys.
Manning did squat the 1st half against a fresh Pats D in his face.
The Bears have a better up front and blitz crew, with a weeks rest and Super Bowl Juices Flowing, look for that pressure all game to rattle Manning.
+++ you have to think Grossman gained some confidence the 2nd half vs. the Saints, look what happend, we know the Bears can run the ball and score on D, with some play from Grossman. I cant believe they would give the Bears +7 in this game.
Bears are gonna kill Manning, easy win

Maybe we need a stadium maintenance person in here to disagree with your ridiculous claim. :-b

If I am not mistaken, TOP in the 2nd half favored the Colts bigtime. I am sure that's what wore the Patriots down. Not getting the Colts offense off the field.

The extra week off will help? Sure. Helps Peyton's thumb too. But the extra week did it help much against an underachieving Seattle team? That went to OT.

"kill Manning"? Nice.

Clearly you haven't watched a Colts playoff game to see three teams not run the ball on them. You think suddenly the Bears are going to scare them? The defense has been playing great football since the return of Bob Sanders, and teams have had to abandon the run in the second half of all three playoff games. At that point do you feel that confident in Rexy? I wouldn't. Manning already showed he can comeback against a tough defense.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby quitesanemax » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:52 am

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:
Maybe we need a stadium maintenance person in here to disagree with your ridiculous claim. :-b

Yeah, like the maintenance man would tell us the truth if it actually did happen. While it certainly isn't something that we will ever prove, I wouldn't call the claim about the thermostat ridiculous. I have my suspicions about it too. My suspicion stems from knowing someone who was at the game, and goes to games often. He said it was much hotter in that dome than it usually is, and he was sweating profusely by the end of the game. (And he is an Indy fan, so he wasn't just being biased - although he did say that if asked, he would deny it... lol.) Bill Polian is an absolute scumbag, and I wouldn't put it past him to pull something like that after he heard that a few of the Pats players had the flu. Sure both teams would have the same disadvantage, but if the Colts knew about it, they could take steps to nullify it... plus, its going to have more of an affect on someone trying to deal with the flu already.

Just the same, the Colts defense looked better than the 27 points they gave up would suggest on Sunday. They came through when it counted. And they were able to stop the Pats running game in the second half. I don't see this being any sort of cakewalk for the Bears... or the Colts, for that matter... although the Patriots are the only ones that play close Superbowls lately, so it will probably end up being a blowout one way or the other.

Does anyone think the thumb injury is going to affect Peyton Manning? Are Peyton's passes going to be off the mark? It would be ironic, after Peyton proved himself able to play in the clutch, if he were to lose this game because of his thumb. That wouldn't be because he can't play in the clutch, but you know he would get his reputation right back anyway if that happened... and the Bears defense is just the defense to take advantage of such circumstances...
quitesanemax
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:28 pm

quitesanemax wrote:
SwiperNoSwiping wrote:

Yeah, like the maintenance man would tell us the truth if it actually did happen. While it certainly isn't something that we will ever prove, I wouldn't call the claim about the thermostat ridiculous. I have my suspicions about it too. My suspicion stems from knowing someone who was at the game, and goes to games often. He said it was much hotter in that dome than it usually is, and he was sweating profusely by the end of the game. (And he is an Indy fan, so he wasn't just being biased - although he did say that if asked, he would deny it... lol.) Bill Polian is an absolute scumbag, and I wouldn't put it past him to pull something like that after he heard that a few of the Pats players had the flu. Sure both teams would have the same disadvantage, but if the Colts knew about it, they could take steps to nullify it... plus, its going to have more of an affect on someone trying to deal with the flu already.

Here's a snippet of an article on epsn.com that Len Pasquarelli wrote in regards to number of plays ran by each team:

"With them being down like they were at halftime by so much [a 21-6 score], I think we felt like they might come out desperate and just throw every down in the second half," said New England defensive end Ty Warren. "But they didn't panic and just go one-dimensional. They stayed with the run, and it kind of kept us off-balance, definitely."

In fact, in the second half, the Colts were surprisingly balanced for a team playing from so far in arrears. On its 45 second-half snaps, Indianapolis had 21 rushing plays and 24 pass plays. On the first two possessions of the second half, both of which culminated in touchdowns that lifted the Colts into a 21-21 tie, the offensive mix was 11 passes and 11 runs.

That the Colts didn't panic, and didn't abandon the run, had another ancillary benefit: It resulted in an incredibly lopsided snap-count, one that, combined with Indianapolis' no-huddle "quick" offense, physically drained the Patriots' defensive front seven.

Beginning with 3:06 left in the second quarter, until there were just four minutes remaining in the third quarter, the Colts ripped off 34 offensive snaps, compared to only four by New England. For the game, the Colts had 80 snaps, while New England managed only 59 plays.

45 second half snaps alone to the 59 for NE for the entire game. That's quite a difference. Regardless the temperature, being on the field for a 34-4 playsnap count run will tire a defense out in any field condition. So I don't quite buy into that conspiracy theory that Polian was sabotaging the Pats.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby PMoneyTKE » Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:36 pm

It honestly took me a couple minutes to realize you were actually serious about this....this is quite possibly the stupidest claim i have heard as a reason for a team losing in a very very long time...

I live within walking distance of the Dome in Indianapolis and have Colts season tickets and was at the AFC Championship game screaming jumping and yelling just as much as every other game i've been to this year and the Dome was not any hotter at that game then any other game i've been to...
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting