Rooting for Chicago now - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Rooting for Chicago now

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby quitesanemax » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:04 pm

PMoneyTKE wrote:
Yeah, like the maintenance man would tell us the truth if it actually did happen. While it certainly isn't something that we will ever prove, I wouldn't call the claim about the thermostat ridiculous. I have my suspicions about it too. My suspicion stems from knowing someone who was at the game, and goes to games often. He said it was much hotter in that dome than it usually is, and he was sweating profusely by the end of the game. (And he is an Indy fan, so he wasn't just being biased - although he did say that if asked, he would deny it... lol.) Bill Polian is an absolute scumbag, and I wouldn't put it past him to pull something like that after he heard that a few of the Pats players had the flu. Sure both teams would have the same disadvantage, but if the Colts knew about it, they could take steps to nullify it... plus, its going to have more of an affect on someone trying to deal with the flu already.

It honestly took me a couple minutes to realize you were actually serious about this....this is quite possibly the stupidest claim i have heard as a reason for a team losing in a very very long time...

I live within walking distance of the Dome in Indianapolis and have Colts season tickets and was at the AFC Championship game screaming jumping and yelling just as much as every other game i've been to this year and the Dome was not any hotter at that game then any other game i've been to...

Really, honestly, though? A couple of minutes... Thats nice to know.

I wasn't using it as an excuse... If you were paying any attention, you would have noticed it was a suggestion that someone else threw out there. I merely said, first of all, that I didn't think it was ridiculous, as was Swiper's opinion in one of his replies, and second of all, I was even a little suspicious it could have happened, because of what that Indy fan had told us, and because I believe that Polian would be that much of a scumbag. And your insulting tone in your post hasn't changed my opinion there.

I wasn't at the game, so I have no idea if what that Indy fan told us was true. My suspicions were that he was trying to bait us... and your opinion of the temp at the stadium would seem to confirm that. I wasn't replying to Swiper's most recent reply, because I thought he had a few good points, and was willing to leave it at that.
quitesanemax
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:14 am

I find it so amusing when certain fans try to blame someone or something else for their team losing instead of just admitting that on that day the other team happened to be better.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby dgan » Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:38 am

Why would turning up the heat make Polian a scumbag? :-?

And why does it matter at all anyway? It's the same for both teams, just like when they play in the snow in Foxboro. Home teams are supposed to have an advantage...the Bears grow their grass long, the Vikings play music so loud during timeouts that you can't have talk to anyone more than 6 inches from you, etc...maybe it's just an NFC North thing? Who cares if they did or didn't turn up the heat...no one would even be talking about it if the announcer wasn't having heat flashes during the game and mentioned it on the air.

Let it go, man. You are simply perpetuating the general disdain for the Patriots...
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby tfunky14 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:33 pm

The Virgin wrote
You are saying let's be honest and following that up with a prediction?

Okay, let's be honest, I think my next girlfriend is going to have the sex drive of a rabbit, looks that rival angelina jolie, a sense of humor that rivals Sarah Silverman and the bank account of Ivanka Trump

But I am just being honest. (about my prediction)

Your a virgin remember, you need to make thing up to sell your quotes. Let's be honest, when your first time comes around in 2012, you wont last 30 seconds....
tfunky14
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 20)

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:52 pm

And it's no wonder I've stayed out of most of the conversations concerning the Super Bowl.

First, everyone's got some excuse for why the Colts don't deserve to be there. (i.e. the Dome was too hot for the Pats, the refs called a bad game, etc...)

Christ, why don't we just breakdown every single postseason game from the last twenty years so we can all piss and moan about how most teams either cheated, got lucky, bought off the refs, etc...

Who gives a crap? And can any of it be proven?

NO!!!!

Damn, why can't we just enjoy the upcoming game, have some friendly smack talk and move on!!!!
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby quitesanemax » Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:35 am

dgan wrote: You are simply perpetuating the general disdain for the Patriots...

I am only saying something because I believe that my words are being twisted around. It is becoming obvious that what I have written has made me look bad, and theres no way to reverse that. I shouldn't have bought this up over such a silly thing as somantics anyway, so I deserve what I am getting.

As far as the general disdain for Patriots fans goes, we all know that has nothing to do with threads like this. When a team wins 3 Superbowls, people tend to hate that team, and thus tend to hate their fans. If I were completely right, and saying things that make complete sense (I understand, of course, that this is not the case... lol), then some people would find a way to turn it around on me, and use my words as fuel against all Patriots fans...

This is probably because Americans like to root for the underdog. I was guilty of the same sort of attitude toward the Cowboys back in the 90's, so I can understand why they feel that way. (Although I could come up with a 100 different rationalizations why it is not the same thing... lol). But if it isn't your team, who wants to see the same team win all the time?

I will also mention that I don't believe I said that the Colts don't deserve to be there, and, in fact, I have said in a few posts (though maybe not in this thread) that I do believe the Colts deserved that win. But I can see how this thread would make me look like someone who believes otherwise. For the record, as much as it hurts me to say it, Peyton Manning, and the Colts definately deserved that win against the Patriots. The Patriots officially no longer have the Colts number (regular or post season)... although I still don't agree with some people that now the Colts have the Patriots number...

Good luck Colts and Bears fans! It should be a good game this Sunday!
quitesanemax
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ateam » Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:09 pm

GO BEARS!!!!

Finish!
ateam
Head Coach
Head Coach