Does anyone think the Colts will cover the 7 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Does anyone think the Colts will cover the 7

Moderator: Football Moderators

Does anyone think the Colts will cover the 7

Postby treat24 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:23 pm

I see the game closer than that... but if the line dips to 6 1/2 i might have to put money on the colts by a TD...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Re: Does anyone think the Colts will cover the 7

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:28 pm

treat24 wrote:I see the game closer than that... but if the line dips to 6 1/2 i might have to put money on the colts by a TD...

Yes, I think the Colts CAN cover the seven. I don't think the Colts WILL cover the seven. Heck, I think the colts WILL win, but I think the Bears CAN win. So bottom line is that I don't think I would take the seven point line if I were a gambler, but I would take a 6.5 possibly. :-?
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RocketsDWM » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:05 pm

How about just one superbowl thread?
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby knapplc » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:30 pm

I think whoever wins it'll be a blowout. The psychology of these games tends to lend itself to lopsided results. Both teams get so “up” for the game and when one team slips behind it’s really easy to have all that emotion come crashing down around you. We see it time and time again, and often it’s not because one team was really 14 or 20 or 30 points better than another, it’s just that the losing team, once they realize the game is out of their reach, becomes demoralized and it snowballs.

Florida vs. Ohio State is a great recent example of this.

So no, I don’t think the points are out of line. I think whoever wins will win by two TDs or more.

But don’t be surprised if it’s Chicago. ;-)
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mattb47 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:37 pm

knapplc wrote:I think whoever wins it'll be a blowout. The psychology of these games tends to lend itself to lopsided results. Both teams get so “up” for the game and when one team slips behind it’s really easy to have all that emotion come crashing down around you. We see it time and time again, and often it’s not because one team was really 14 or 20 or 30 points better than another, it’s just that the losing team, once they realize the game is out of their reach, becomes demoralized and it snowballs.

Florida vs. Ohio State is a great recent example of this.

So no, I don’t think the points are out of line. I think whoever wins will win by two TDs or more.

But don’t be surprised if it’s Chicago. ;-)

It's possible, but honestly when I look at this game I think that the scenario you put up there is much more likely if the Bears fall behind early and have to depend on Grossman than if the Colts fall behind and have to depend on Manning. The Colts would rather have the ball in Manning's hands anyway while the Bears would be very happy to have a successful running attack and keep the Colts off the field. After the comeback yesterday, I think it is much more likely that the Colts would be able to come back from a deficit like that.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mrblitz » Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:02 pm

I think the Colts win by 14.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby RocketsDWM » Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:19 pm

mrblitz wrote:I think the Colts win by 14.

Your SB champions - The Chicago Bears :-D
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Jimboozie » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:23 pm

RocketsDWM wrote:
mrblitz wrote:I think the Colts win by 14.

Your SB champions - The Chicago Bears :-D

LOL. Yeah, but Blitz did predict the Bears to win last week. :-?

I think I'm gonna take Chicago and the points. Their defense can keep them in it.
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:03 pm

When I saw the line I was shocked. I think there is a possibility that the Colts cover but its not very likely.

Plus the Bears have to be loving it being the dogs by 7. Easy to get fired up when you are a big dog in a game. Harder to get up when you are supposed to crush the other team.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Alkaholik » Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:10 pm

colts by 13
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting