Does anyone think the Colts will cover the 7 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Does anyone think the Colts will cover the 7

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby steelerfan513 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:53 am

joelamosobadiah wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:
Drew_70 wrote:
Jimboozie wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote:
mrblitz wrote:I think the Colts win by 14.

Your SB champions - The Chicago Bears :-D

Their defense can keep them in it.

Defense AND special teams (Go Hester!). ;-D

I think that the Colts will make it hard for Hester to get anything going on Special teams. I dn't think there will ever be a time on a punt return that he has more than 5 yards of open space in front of him. They will keep punts high and/or out of bounds I think.

As for kickoffs, they will REALLY have to step it up after their dismal play last week. they really need to get some hang time on their kickoffs I think and try and get the defense down field quick enough to cover him.

Bottom line, I think they will do a good job against him. But as explosivve as Hester is, even if the colts make no or few mistakes, he could still break a 50-yard kickoff return possibly for a TD.

I didn't know Vinateri was THAT bad at kickoffs. :-D

NOOOOOO, I am saying that he could return a kick for 50 yards and possibly even break one for a TD.

Oh.

:-B
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jupiter33 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:48 pm

27-24 Bears over the Colts.
or take 24-27, and you still cover with the 7 point spread.
jupiter33
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bobbing_headz » Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:17 am

Little chance Colts cover the spread. Peyton hasn't been doing much so far and the Bears D is at least as good as the Ravens or Pats. Since Peyton can't get it going Bears are gonna keep it close no matter if they win or lose.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:23 pm

bobbing_headz wrote:Little chance Colts cover the spread. Peyton hasn't been doing much so far and the Bears D is at least as good as the Ravens or Pats. Since Peyton can't get it going Bears are gonna keep it close no matter if they win or lose.

I think that the big difference is that the offense of the Bears is nowhere near that of the Ravens or Patriots. I also think that Peyton plays MUCH better than he did against the Ravens.

I think that the colts have about a 30% chance of covering the spread. If they don't however, it is very likely that they will lose straight up.[/b]
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby PMoneyTKE » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:32 pm

bobbing_headz wrote:Little chance Colts cover the spread. Peyton hasn't been doing much so far and the Bears D is at least as good as the Ravens or Pats. Since Peyton can't get it going Bears are gonna keep it close no matter if they win or lose.

Bears Secondary and Ravens Secondary aren't even comparable...and if you're comparing them to the Patriots, well Peyton and the offense scored 32 in the second half against them, so i'd say that would be "getting it going"...
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Balanced Man » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:42 pm

Vegas appearantly thinks the colts will cover.

The action has been heavy on the Bears, and the line hasn't moved at all.
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby quitesanemax » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:29 pm

PMoneyTKE wrote:Bears Secondary and Ravens Secondary aren't even comparable...and if you're comparing them to the Patriots, well Peyton and the offense scored 32 in the second half against them, so i'd say that would be "getting it going"...

I'm not sure what your trying to say there. Are you saying that the Ravens are a lot better. I wouldn't agree with that. The Bears defense is probably not as good as the Ravens, but it isn't that far off, IMO. And the Ravens defense stopped the Colts. Its just their offense that was unable to do anything. And I know this is going to sound like excuses, but I don't mean it that way... I mean it as just a fact. The truth is just the truth. 10 players on that Patriots defense had a stomach flu during (or the week before that game). I suspect that had a lot to do with why the Colts were able to get 32 points in the 2nd half against that defense.

What I'd like to see is a close game that the Bears pull off in the end, but logic tells me that the Colts should win this one... all the stats don't mean much. The fact of the matter is that the Colts have been playing good AFC teams, while the Bears have been playing NFC teams.

The intriguing thing about this game, as far as stats go: A team known as the best offense over the last few years going up against the team known as the best defense over the last few years. Generally speaking, you would think the Bears would win, right? After all, defense always beats offense in important games like this. But there is a few twists to this one.

First: The Colt's offense hasn't been doing all that good lately, while the Bear's defense hasn't been all that good lately either.

Second: The defense of the Colts has been doing pretty good in the playoffs. The offense of the Bears has also been doing pretty good in the playoffs. (And I don't care what people want to say about Grossman, he probably has the best numbers of all the QBs in the playoffs this year.)

So does this turn the tables for the Bears?

At any rate, I don't feel too safe with that spread... I could see the Bears coming within 7, and even winning outright in this game.
quitesanemax
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby PMoneyTKE » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:54 pm

The intriguing thing about this game, as far as stats go: A team known as the best offense over the last few years going up against the team known as the best defense over the last few years. Generally speaking, you would think the Bears would win, right? After all, defense always beats offense in important games like this. But there is a few twists to this one.

First: The Colt's offense hasn't been doing all that good lately, while the Bear's defense hasn't been all that good lately either.

Second: The defense of the Colts has been doing pretty good in the playoffs. The offense of the Bears has also been doing pretty good in the playoffs. (And I don't care what people want to say about Grossman, he probably has the best numbers of all the QBs in the playoffs this year.)

So does this turn the tables for the Bears?

At any rate, I don't feel too safe with that spread... I could see the Bears coming within 7, and even winning outright in this game.

You're right about him probably having the best numbers but he played one less game and against far more inferior defenses then Peyton.

To me I think it all comes down to the run game...If the Colts can't stop the Bears run game they keep Peyton on the bench and its over from the get go...If the Colts can get the run game going they can keep the Bears D on their heels and slow down the Pass rush letting Peyton play action all day...

That to me was the biggest mistake the Saints made...a cold snowy day in Chicago and you have two backs like Bush and McCallister and you only have 10 rush attempts the whole game?? No wonder the Bears were able to pressure Brees so much...
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dgan » Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:19 pm

I think, like many Superbowls, you have to almost separate what has happened in the postseason thus far from this particular game. It is a completely different animal.

- The defenses Peyton has faced and struggled against played the 3-4...no secret that causes him issues. Bears run a 4-3 which plays pretty straight up in comparison. Edge: Colts

- As usual, AFC teams are familiar with AFC teams...NFC teams with NFC teams. These two teams are entirely unfamiliar with each other. In fact, the coaches knowing each other is probably one of the biggest factors, and that is probably next to meaningless. Edge: Push

- Superbowls have longer TV timeouts, longer halftime, etc...the chance of the Colts "wearing out" the Bears D is slim to none. If they win, it will be by execution, not by smoke and mirrors...something Peyton excels at. Edge: Bears

- The offensive lines of these two teams execute better than either the defensive teams have seen so far. (excluding possibly Kansas City, which I don't count because of their horrible gameplan). The Bears have the edge in running, but Freeney may exploit the Bears line if they get too pass happy. On the flip side, I doubt Indy will have the awful protection issues that the Saints had. But I also doubt they will have the running success they've had thus far. That stretch play will not work...but the playaction off of it should...will be interesting to see how Urlacher handles his run/pass responsibilities. Edge: Push

I really think you can't look at what happened in the last few weeks and apply it to this game. The one exception being the special teams advantage the Bears have. Both teams are facing a completely different type of team than they have faced thus far. It will all come down to gameplan and execution, turnovers and big plays. I really can't wait. I think anything could happen, but I'm predicting Colts because that was my preseason prediction.
Last edited by dgan on Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby lmcjaho » Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:36 pm

RocketsDWM wrote:How about just one superbowl thread?

Gee, we get cranky real quick when the Pats aren't in the Tournament any longer don't we? :-B :-D
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting