When Dinner's Not Quite Done - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

When Dinner's Not Quite Done

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby POSADA is KING » Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:26 pm

danleroi22 wrote:Had something like taht happen to me with a snake before.

Did I mention I can scream like a girl sometimes? :-b j/k...

But really... I did jump. No scream... but definitely jumped.

Dan, why did you have a snake in the fridge??
POSADA is KING
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby joelamosobadiah » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:38 am

Here is an update on this story. I read this a couple of days ago, but just now got around to posting it.

Originally published January 28, 2007
Duck of destinyWaterfowl dies, then is revived in surgery
By Daniela Velazquez
DEMOCRAT STAFF WRITER

If ducks had nine lives, Perky might be close to 10.
Veterinarians in Tallahassee declared the fowl a dead duck during an operation on her wing Saturday. With some breast compressions, oxygen and luck, Perky came back to life - again - during the surgery, said wildlife rehabilitator Noni Beck of Goose Creek Wildlife Sanctuary.

Beck said she walked out of the room sobbing and called Goose Creek treasurer Susan May when it happened. Ten to 15 seconds later, the duck perked up from her death bed. "I started started crying 'she's alive!," Beck said.

David Hale performed the surgery about 3 p.m. at Cross Creek Animal Hospital, 2728 Apalachee Parkway.

The duck - now grabbing world-wide attention - was shot in the wing and leg by local hunter Dale Tadlock on Jan. 15 but was rescued a day and a half later by his wife, Pamela Tadlock, who found it still alive when she checked on the fridge.

Beck said Perky had trouble with the anesthesia and kept going "up and down" throughout the operation. Because of her sensitivity to the anesthesia, Beck said, Perky will not undergo any more operations. Beck will keep the fowl on a regimen of antibiotics and iron supplements until the next veterinarian's appointment.
:-b
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:51 am

That is awesome ;-D
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Goatwhacker » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:28 am

joelamosobadiah wrote:
Veterinarians in Tallahassee declared the fowl a dead duck during an operation on her wing Saturday. With some breast compressions, oxygen and luck, Perky came back to life - again - during the surgery, said wildlife rehabilitator Noni Beck of Goose Creek Wildlife Sanctuary.

Obviously the veterinarians were quacks.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Kilroy » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:49 am

joelamosobadiah wrote:Here is an update on this story. I read this a couple of days ago, but just now got around to posting it.

Originally published January 28, 2007
Duck of destinyWaterfowl dies, then is revived in surgery
By Daniela Velazquez
DEMOCRAT STAFF WRITER

Beck said she walked out of the room sobbing and called Goose Creek treasurer Susan May when it happened. Ten to 15 seconds later, the duck perked up from her death bed. "I started started crying 'she's alive!," Beck said.

David Hale performed the surgery about 3 p.m. at Cross Creek Animal Hospital, 2728 Apalachee Parkway.

The duck - now grabbing world-wide attention - was shot in the wing and leg by local hunter Dale Tadlock on Jan. 15 but was rescued a day and a half later by his wife, Pamela Tadlock, who found it still alive when she checked on the fridge.

Beck said Perky had trouble with the anesthesia and kept going "up and down" throughout the operation. Because of her sensitivity to the anesthesia, Beck said, Perky will not undergo any more operations. Beck will keep the fowl on a regimen of antibiotics and iron supplements until the next veterinarian's appointment.
:-b

Isn't an "iron supplement" what got this duck in trouble to begin with?

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby josebach » Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:00 pm

All this happened in my town. Don't know any of the people mentioned, but Cross Creek Animal Hospital is a block away from where I am right now. :-)
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Redskins Win » Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:59 pm

josebach wrote:All this happened in my town. Don't know any of the people mentioned, but Cross Creek Animal Hospital is a block away from where I am right now. :-)

ahhh haaaaaa!!!!!!!!!
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby josebach » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:00 pm

Redskins Win wrote:
josebach wrote:All this happened in my town. Don't know any of the people mentioned, but Cross Creek Animal Hospital is a block away from where I am right now. :-)

ahhh haaaaaa!!!!!!!!!

??? :-?

josebach with the shotgun in the library, I mean at the duck pond?
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Previous

Return to General Talk