When Dinner's Not Quite Done - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to General Talk

When Dinner's Not Quite Done

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby POSADA is KING » Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:26 pm

danleroi22 wrote:Had something like taht happen to me with a snake before.

Did I mention I can scream like a girl sometimes? :-b j/k...

But really... I did jump. No scream... but definitely jumped.



Dan, why did you have a snake in the fridge??
POSADA is KING
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 569
Joined: 14 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby joelamosobadiah » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:38 am

Here is an update on this story. I read this a couple of days ago, but just now got around to posting it.

Originally published January 28, 2007
Duck of destinyWaterfowl dies, then is revived in surgery
By Daniela Velazquez
DEMOCRAT STAFF WRITER

If ducks had nine lives, Perky might be close to 10.
Veterinarians in Tallahassee declared the fowl a dead duck during an operation on her wing Saturday. With some breast compressions, oxygen and luck, Perky came back to life - again - during the surgery, said wildlife rehabilitator Noni Beck of Goose Creek Wildlife Sanctuary.

Beck said she walked out of the room sobbing and called Goose Creek treasurer Susan May when it happened. Ten to 15 seconds later, the duck perked up from her death bed. "I started started crying 'she's alive!," Beck said.

David Hale performed the surgery about 3 p.m. at Cross Creek Animal Hospital, 2728 Apalachee Parkway.

The duck - now grabbing world-wide attention - was shot in the wing and leg by local hunter Dale Tadlock on Jan. 15 but was rescued a day and a half later by his wife, Pamela Tadlock, who found it still alive when she checked on the fridge.

Beck said Perky had trouble with the anesthesia and kept going "up and down" throughout the operation. Because of her sensitivity to the anesthesia, Beck said, Perky will not undergo any more operations. Beck will keep the fowl on a regimen of antibiotics and iron supplements until the next veterinarian's appointment.
:-b
Image
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16386
Joined: 4 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Gun control is hitting what you aim at.

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:51 am

That is awesome ;-D
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18976
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: On an Island

Postby Goatwhacker » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:28 am

joelamosobadiah wrote:
If ducks had nine lives, Perky might be close to 10.
Veterinarians in Tallahassee declared the fowl a dead duck during an operation on her wing Saturday. With some breast compressions, oxygen and luck, Perky came back to life - again - during the surgery, said wildlife rehabilitator Noni Beck of Goose Creek Wildlife Sanctuary.


Obviously the veterinarians were quacks.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3010
Joined: 25 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Flyover Country

Postby Kilroy » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:49 am

joelamosobadiah wrote:Here is an update on this story. I read this a couple of days ago, but just now got around to posting it.

Originally published January 28, 2007
Duck of destinyWaterfowl dies, then is revived in surgery
By Daniela Velazquez
DEMOCRAT STAFF WRITER

If ducks had nine lives, Perky might be close to 10.
Veterinarians in Tallahassee declared the fowl a dead duck during an operation on her wing Saturday. With some breast compressions, oxygen and luck, Perky came back to life - again - during the surgery, said wildlife rehabilitator Noni Beck of Goose Creek Wildlife Sanctuary.

Beck said she walked out of the room sobbing and called Goose Creek treasurer Susan May when it happened. Ten to 15 seconds later, the duck perked up from her death bed. "I started started crying 'she's alive!," Beck said.

David Hale performed the surgery about 3 p.m. at Cross Creek Animal Hospital, 2728 Apalachee Parkway.

The duck - now grabbing world-wide attention - was shot in the wing and leg by local hunter Dale Tadlock on Jan. 15 but was rescued a day and a half later by his wife, Pamela Tadlock, who found it still alive when she checked on the fridge.

Beck said Perky had trouble with the anesthesia and kept going "up and down" throughout the operation. Because of her sensitivity to the anesthesia, Beck said, Perky will not undergo any more operations. Beck will keep the fowl on a regimen of antibiotics and iron supplements until the next veterinarian's appointment.
:-b


Isn't an "iron supplement" what got this duck in trouble to begin with?
Image

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Posts: 13587
Joined: 6 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Making My List and Checking It Twice...

Postby josebach » Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:00 pm

All this happened in my town. Don't know any of the people mentioned, but Cross Creek Animal Hospital is a block away from where I am right now. :-)
Image
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 4611
Joined: 27 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tallahassee, FL

Postby Redskins Win » Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:59 pm

josebach wrote:All this happened in my town. Don't know any of the people mentioned, but Cross Creek Animal Hospital is a block away from where I am right now. :-)


ahhh haaaaaa!!!!!!!!!
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 8272
Joined: 23 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby josebach » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:00 pm

Redskins Win wrote:
josebach wrote:All this happened in my town. Don't know any of the people mentioned, but Cross Creek Animal Hospital is a block away from where I am right now. :-)


ahhh haaaaaa!!!!!!!!!


??? :-?

josebach with the shotgun in the library, I mean at the duck pond?
Image
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 4611
Joined: 27 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tallahassee, FL

Previous

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 0:42 hours
(and 39 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact