Superbowl XLI prediction. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Superbowl XLI prediction.

Moderator: Football Moderators

How do you think Superbowl XLI will turn out?

Colts in a landslide.
28%
Colts in a close one.
28%
Bears in a landslide.
11%
Bears in a close one.
33%

Total votes : 46

Superbowl XLI prediction.

Postby Nfl Fan » Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:57 pm

I think it'll be Colts in a close game, but then, I thought it'd be a Pats/Saints Superbowl!
So, judging by my errant past prognostication, it should wind up being Bears in a blowout. ;-)

So...... Go Bears!!!!!! :-D
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby knapplc » Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:41 pm

Whoever wins, I'm predicting a blowout. Since I think the Bears will win, I voted accordingly. ;-D
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby teddy ballgame » Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:55 pm

I think the Colts will crush them. I didn't the either NFC team had a chance against either AFC team.
teddy ballgame
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby steelerfan513 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:22 pm

The Colts aren't going to have trouble moving the ball. Peyton can throw on just about anyone, and Addai and Rhodes provide a good enough running game to keep the defense honest. Indy should score on about every other possession, maybe more.

This all comes down to Grossman. If he has a good game, the Bears will have a shot. I don't think he will be able to perform well enough to keep up with the Colts.

The Colts by at least 2 scores IMO.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby SniperShot » Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:35 pm

I went with the Colts in July and I'm going with them now. It's going to be a 3 point game though. Bears D is much better than anyone seems to give credit and Rex has not been playing HORRIBLE. Sure he's been playing sucky despite a couple of nice drives here or there. But he's got enough to make some big plays and keep the Bears in it right into the 4th quarter.

How crazy would it be if Vinatieri kicks another game winner? ;-D ;-D
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby treat24 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:44 pm

i have less faith in the bears than most... i think that the bears will fall behind and rex will make mistakes trying to climb back into it... They won't be able to run T.Jones from behind. I really don't care who wins, i just want a good game... hopefully i'll get my wish... I hope the bears play an amazing game and this one comes down to the wire. I voted colts by a landslide... but i'd like to see a last second gould or vini game winner... go team! :)
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby FBBVirgin » Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:53 pm

treat24 wrote:i have less faith in the bears than most... i think that the bears will fall behind and rex will make mistakes trying to climb back into it... They won't be able to run T.Jones from behind. I really don't care who wins, i just want a good game... hopefully i'll get my wish... I hope the bears play an amazing game and this one comes down to the wire. I voted colts by a landslide... but i'd like to see a last second gould or vini game winner... go team! :)

Could your lack of faith in the bears be due to the fact that you are a Vike's fan? C'mon, of course you care who wins the game. If the Bears win, then we have bragging rights in the division for years to come. You know you want the Colts, lets be honest here.
FBBVirgin
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby FBBVirgin » Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:57 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:The Colts aren't going to have trouble moving the ball. Peyton can throw on just about anyone, and Addai and Rhodes provide a good enough running game to keep the defense honest. Indy should score on about every other possession, maybe more.

This all comes down to Grossman. If he has a good game, the Bears will have a shot. I don't think he will be able to perform well enough to keep up with the Colts.

Peyton can throw on just about anyone. Hmmm. Let's take a look at this postseason.

Game 1 vs. KC
30/38 268 yds 1 td 3 int (yep, he threw on them...or should I say, at them??)

Game 2 vs. Balt.
15/30 170 yds 0 tds 2 ints (hmmmm)

Game 3 vs. NE
He had a good game.

So 2 out of 3 games in the postseason so far have been well under par. I would put the Bears D at about the same level as the Ravens D.

I think the D is going to give him fits.
FBBVirgin
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Nfl Fan » Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:06 pm

treat24 wrote:i have less faith in the bears than most... i think that the bears will fall behind and rex will make mistakes trying to climb back into it... They won't be able to run T.Jones from behind. I really don't care who wins, i just want a good game... hopefully i'll get my wish... I hope the bears play an amazing game and this one comes down to the wire. I voted colts by a landslide... but i'd like to see a last second gould or vini game winner... go team! :)

That's me. Even though I think the Colts will win a close one, and even though I want the Bears to win; my gut tells me I'll be pulling for the team that's down by 7 in the 4th quarter.

Nothing like a comeback drive in the Superbowl. Wouldn't it be great to see Da Bears down with 90 seconds to go and Rexy drives 85 yards for the win? Unlikely, but we can dream!

;-) :-b
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby mattb47 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:23 pm

FBBVirgin wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:The Colts aren't going to have trouble moving the ball. Peyton can throw on just about anyone, and Addai and Rhodes provide a good enough running game to keep the defense honest. Indy should score on about every other possession, maybe more.

Peyton can throw on just about anyone. Hmmm. Let's take a look at this postseason.

Game 1 vs. KC
30/38 268 yds 1 td 3 int (yep, he threw on them...or should I say, at them??)

Game 2 vs. Balt.
15/30 170 yds 0 tds 2 ints (hmmmm)

Game 3 vs. NE
He had a good game.

So 2 out of 3 games in the postseason so far have been well under par. I would put the Bears D at about the same level as the Ravens D.

I think the D is going to give him fits.

So those stats prove that Peyton Manning can't throw on anyone? I don't see how pointing out that Manning played well in the most important of those games proves that he won't play well in an even more important game....

Of course you would put the Bears defense on the level of the Ravens but quite honestly, the Bears have been inconsistent defensively and their secondary is really a weak spot for them. The Bears don't have a corner like Chris McAllister or a safety like Ed Reed to help out in the secondary so in that respect, I think it'll be tough for them to shut Manning down through the air.

The Saints may have had the "best" offense in the NFL but the Colts offense is the most difficult to stop.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting