Superbowl XLI prediction. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Superbowl XLI prediction.

Moderator: Football Moderators

How do you think Superbowl XLI will turn out?

Colts in a landslide.
13
28%
Colts in a close one.
13
28%
Bears in a landslide.
5
11%
Bears in a close one.
15
33%
 
Total votes : 46

Postby dgan » Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:18 am

mattb47 wrote:
zevon wrote:Could be another 15-6 game...
Hope not, that was snooze inducing.

One of the more interesting prop bets I've seen is Indy D to score a TD at +650. Not a big stretch if Rex is being the Rex Rex can be at times.


Did you watch the Indy/Baltimore game??? That was anything but "snooze inducing". The game was always close enough that one good drive by the Baltimore offense could mean the game for the Ravens....it was probably one of the most exciting low scoring games i've seen.


So many people like football games that resemble Madden 07 with difficulty set to 'Rookie'. I'm with you - that was an awesome game. Big hits, few mistakes, tons of emotion, and a nailbiter to the end. ;-D
Image
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 2941
Joined: 19 Aug 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The frozen tundra of Lambeau Field

Postby Crippler » Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:00 am

Colts win 27-14
Image

"Cincinatti leads the league in 'Johnsons'" - John Madden

$$$ Leagues $$$
ChaunFL: 11-5 *2nd Place*
BGKFL: 15-1 *Champion*
Dirty Dukes: 12-5 *2nd Place*
Win %: 77.55
Crippler
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 1946
(Past Year: 17)
Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Postby tfunky14 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:41 am

.
Could be another 15-6 game...
Hope not, that was snooze inducing.


Those type of people are not true football fans. Go watch arena football if you want one sided football games...

Ravens/Colts was a great game....
tfunky14
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1464
(Past Year: 20)
Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: hanover,pa

Postby treat24 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:41 pm

i'm with tfunky and mattb ... colts/ravens was a GREAT game to watch...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18188
Joined: 6 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby dgan » Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:37 pm

Just want to point out again what my preseason prediction was... :-b

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1713600#1713600

I'll pick Peyton just because someone called him a choke artist....right....I'm sure Indy would be a playoff team with someone else at QB....

NFC...who the hell knows? I'll say Bears just because they're guaranteed a playoff spot just for being in the NFC North.

Indy 31
Bears 14

Write it down...
Image
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 2941
Joined: 19 Aug 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The frozen tundra of Lambeau Field

Postby zevon » Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:13 am

mattb47 wrote:
zevon wrote:Could be another 15-6 game...
Hope not, that was snooze inducing.

One of the more interesting prop bets I've seen is Indy D to score a TD at +650. Not a big stretch if Rex is being the Rex Rex can be at times.


Did you watch the Indy/Baltimore game??? That was anything but "snooze inducing". The game was always close enough that one good drive by the Baltimore offense could mean the game for the Ravens....it was probably one of the most exciting low scoring games i've seen.


Yeah , I watched the whole thing along with every other playoff game. Undivided attention , as only one game was on at a time, vs my regular season Sunday Ticket 3 TV routine.

I see another reference in here to "Madden '07" football.
Yeah, stifling defense and 7 field goals was awesome. I hope you guys enjoy the Super Bowl a lot if it turns out to be like that.
Sorry, I'll take a game like the Pats - Colts anytime over that.

My preference, my opinion, doesn't need to be yours.
And yours doesn't need to be mine.
zevon
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 193
Joined: 20 May 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby zevon » Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:19 am

tfunky14 wrote:.
Could be another 15-6 game...
Hope not, that was snooze inducing.


Those type of people are not true football fans. Go watch arena football if you want one sided football games...

Ravens/Colts was a great game....


I've been a football fan since I was 6. That was 43 years ago, before Super Bowl I.
How about you?

And who said anything about one sided games, and while we're at it , are all arena league games one-sided?
You seem to be great at sweeping generalizations, but in the sprirt of my previous post, these are your opinions, so I'll shut up and respect them.
zevon
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 193
Joined: 20 May 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dgan » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:24 am

zevon wrote:Yeah, stifling defense and 7 field goals was awesome.


I'm going to assume by your original comment that this is sarcasm. This is the entire point of this argument we seem to be having...why don't you like stifling defense? The fact that you apparently only find offense exciting generated the "Arena league" and "Madden 07" comments. You claim these to be misrepresentations of your opinion because you've been a football fan for 40 years, yet you admit again that you don't like good defense. What gives?

Do you like good defense or not? If you don't, then you should enjoy the Arena league and Madden 07...they both feature high scoring offenses against porous defenses. And, if that is the case, you are not a fan of good "football", but just good "offense". Part of football is defense, and if it is played well, a true fan would appreciate it.

I'm not trying to pick a fight, I just honestly don't see what the argument is here...enlighten me. I'm confused. :-?
Image
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 2941
Joined: 19 Aug 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The frozen tundra of Lambeau Field

Postby zevon » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:41 am

dgan wrote:
zevon wrote:Yeah, stifling defense and 7 field goals was awesome.


I'm going to assume by your original comment that this is sarcasm. This is the entire point of this argument we seem to be having...why don't you like stifling defense? The fact that you apparently only find offense exciting generated the "Arena league" and "Madden 07" comments. You claim these to be misrepresentations of your opinion because you've been a football fan for 40 years, yet you admit again that you don't like good defense. What gives?

Do you like good defense or not? If you don't, then you should enjoy the Arena league and Madden 07...they both feature high scoring offenses against porous defenses. And, if that is the case, you are not a fan of good "football", but just good "offense". Part of football is defense, and if it is played well, a true fan would appreciate it.

I'm not trying to pick a fight, I just honestly don't see what the argument is here...enlighten me. I'm confused. :-?


I'm not trying to pick a fight either, with you or Matt. My original comment was I found the Colts Ravens game to be a snoozer.
I did, simple as that, and one reason may very well be that I'm a fan of neither team and really didn't care who won. I simply didn't find that game to be very exciting, and wouldn't particularly want to see a repeat in the Super Bowl. That got turned into what I perceived as 4 negative comments (wondering if I actually watched the game, maybe try Arena or Madden - no thanks to both - , not a true football fan). Give me a break , that's a whole lot got read into one comment. We have a difference of opinion, that's it. Nowhere do I say "I don't like good defense", yet you write "you admit again that you don't like good defense", inferring that I wrote that not once , but twice! Please don't put words in my mouth.


In my thinking, the Bears D is as tough as Baltimore's, and we could be in for more of the same on Sunday, as I don't see Chicago tearing up Indy's D any more than Baltimore did, nor do I see Indy ripping apart thr Bears. I guess that was my main point in saying we could be in for another 15-6 affair.

To directly answer your question as to whether or not I like good defense, I'll just say that my favorite most exciting game of the season was Chicago at Arizona, in which Urlacher and the boys rebounded from the worst half they'd had to date and simply refused to lose the game. An incredible second half performance by a D at the top of their game.

I've gotta get to work, you guys enjoy your weekends and, here's to a good game on Sunday. For me, I wouldn't mind seeing a couple TD's -D
zevon
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 193
Joined: 20 May 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mattb47 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:56 am

zevon wrote:
dgan wrote:
zevon wrote:Yeah, stifling defense and 7 field goals was awesome.


I'm going to assume by your original comment that this is sarcasm. This is the entire point of this argument we seem to be having...why don't you like stifling defense? The fact that you apparently only find offense exciting generated the "Arena league" and "Madden 07" comments. You claim these to be misrepresentations of your opinion because you've been a football fan for 40 years, yet you admit again that you don't like good defense. What gives?

Do you like good defense or not? If you don't, then you should enjoy the Arena league and Madden 07...they both feature high scoring offenses against porous defenses. And, if that is the case, you are not a fan of good "football", but just good "offense". Part of football is defense, and if it is played well, a true fan would appreciate it.

I'm not trying to pick a fight, I just honestly don't see what the argument is here...enlighten me. I'm confused. :-?


I'm not trying to pick a fight either, with you or Matt. My original comment was I found the Colts Ravens game to be a snoozer.
I did, simple as that, and one reason may very well be that I'm a fan of neither team and really didn't care who won. I simply didn't find that game to be very exciting, and wouldn't particularly want to see a repeat in the Super Bowl. That got turned into what I perceived as 4 negative comments (wondering if I actually watched the game, maybe try Arena or Madden - no thanks to both - , not a true football fan). Give me a break , that's a whole lot got read into one comment. We have a difference of opinion, that's it. Nowhere do I say "I don't like good defense", yet you write "you admit again that you don't like good defense", inferring that I wrote that not once , but twice! Please don't put words in my mouth.


In my thinking, the Bears D is as tough as Baltimore's, and we could be in for more of the same on Sunday, as I don't see Chicago tearing up Indy's D any more than Baltimore did, nor do I see Indy ripping apart thr Bears. I guess that was my main point in saying we could be in for another 15-6 affair.

To directly answer your question as to whether or not I like good defense, I'll just say that my favorite most exciting game of the season was Chicago at Arizona, in which Urlacher and the boys rebounded from the worst half they'd had to date and simply refused to lose the game. An incredible second half performance by a D at the top of their game.

I've gotta get to work, you guys enjoy your weekends and, here's to a good game on Sunday. For me, I wouldn't mind seeing a couple TD's -D


Well, I kinda see what you're talking about. But seeing as how I'm really not a fan of either team either I thought it was just a fantastically played football game by both defenses especially and turned out to be very exciting despite the lack of scoring.

The game you pointed out as being one of your favorite games of the season doesn't help your case for liking defense because scoring defense isn't what we're referring to here. We're talking about a close defensive struggle where any big mistakes on offense can cost you the game, not really where the defense scores a bunch of TDs in a comeback that was reasonably high scoring. It's ok if you don't appreciate a 15-6 game as being a very well played game, but you cannot then claim to appreciate great defense being played as well. Because if you did appreciate great defense, regardless of whether you liked the teams in question, I don't see how you wouldn't have liked that game if you watched the whole thing. I'm not trying to start any fights either, but really the two things you're trying to say are direct opposites of each other.

And my personal opinion is that given the level of play nearing the end of the season, injuries and all, the Ravens defense was/is playing a lot better than Chicago's defense. The 2 front 7's were comparable when Chicago had Tommy Harris healthy and Chicago may have even had the edge, but when you take the secondary into account, Baltimore blows Chicago out of the water defensively. Chicago doesn't have a safety like Ed Reed to blow up plays all game long over the middle and they don't have a great CB like McAllister either to man up against Harrison. That's what made it tough for Peyton to operate is the fanastic play of the BAL secondary because really, the O-Line played fantastic against Baltimore in protecting Manning.
Image
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 14238
Joined: 29 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 9:37 hours
(and 45 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact