Someone is lurking on the Cafe from ESPN! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Someone is lurking on the Cafe from ESPN!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Someone is lurking on the Cafe from ESPN!

Postby sportsaddict » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:25 pm

A few weeks back, either on this side or on the baseball side, there was a GT poll about who you would rather be; Jeter or Brady. A few days later, PTI had a topic about the very same thing, a take your pick kind of thing involving either Jeter or Brady. Someone brought it up and said "someone from the Cafe must work for ESPN," but everyone just assumed it was a coincidence.

Remember when we discussed in Football Leftovers if Grossman was the worst QB to play in the Super Bowl? Well PTI just asked the exact same question on today's epsiode.

Coincidence? Or is someone from PTI lurking? :-? :-b
"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."

-Joe Theismann (pronounced theese-MAN, not rhyming with Heisman)
sportsaddict
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:27 pm

They've got to get their ideas from somewhere. I wouldnt be surprised if they use the internet to help them out.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Alkaholik » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:28 pm

That same question about Rex being the worst QB ever in history was asked on about 4 differnt forums that i goto.....so i'm guessing its all purely a coincidence.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Re: Someone is lurking on the Cafe from ESPN!

Postby knapplc » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:29 pm

sportsaddict wrote:A few weeks back, either on this side or on the baseball side, there was a GT poll about who you would rather be; Jeter or Brady. A few days later, PTI had a topic about the very same thing, a take your pick kind of thing involving either Jeter or Brady. Someone brought it up and said "someone from the Cafe must work for ESPN," but everyone just assumed it was a coincidence.

Remember when we discussed in Football Leftovers if Grossman was the worst QB to play in the Super Bowl? Well PTI just asked the exact same question

Coincidence? Or is someone from PTI lurking? :-? :-b

Could be either. I wouldn't be surprised if someone from ESPN or Fanball or Sportsline or any other sports news outlet didn't cruise through this and other sports forums once in a while to get a feel for what the "man on the street" is talking about.

Not to make anyone self-conscious about what you write here, but this IS a public forum, and at any given time there could be any number of non-registered "guests" reading what we write. For all we know the number of "guests" could number in the thousands. It's not just us Schmoes who read our nonsense, you know. ;-)
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:31 pm

doesnt shock me all that, much although it is really cool.

could be either, although for ESPN going and seeing what fans such as us are talking about could be good for them, because it is what fans are really interested in.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby RWLongy4 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:36 pm

Wouldn't surprise me at all if they did browse this forum, and if they don't they should. After all what better way to find out what your fans are actually interested in then going and seeing what they are talking about on the internet.
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:40 pm

Now thats the kind of job a guy could get into. Sports Forum Browser! :-b
Where do i sign up?
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:44 pm

Well, if Knapp might be a secret coach, maybe one of us is a secret sports writer.... :-?
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:47 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:Now thats the kind of job a guy could get into. Sports Forum Browser! :-b
Where do i sign up?

It's probably an unpaid Intern. Not a job I'd want at this stage in my career.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:48 pm

knapplc wrote:
GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:Now thats the kind of job a guy could get into. Sports Forum Browser! :-b
Where do i sign up?

It's probably an unpaid Intern. Not a job I'd want at this stage in my career.

Dream Crusher :,-(

On a totally unrelated note, How'd you get a cafe musketeer icon?
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to General Talk