Someone is lurking on the Cafe from ESPN! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to General Talk

Someone is lurking on the Cafe from ESPN!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby knapplc » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:52 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:
knapplc wrote:
GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:Now thats the kind of job a guy could get into. Sports Forum Browser! :-b
Where do i sign up?


It's probably an unpaid Intern. Not a job I'd want at this stage in my career.


Dream Crusher :,-(

On a totally unrelated note, How'd you get a cafe musketeer icon?


Madison gave it to me. Only cost $75, too.
Image
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18961
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's an L, not an I

Postby joelamosobadiah » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:54 pm

knapplc wrote:
GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:
knapplc wrote:
GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:Now thats the kind of job a guy could get into. Sports Forum Browser! :-b
Where do i sign up?


It's probably an unpaid Intern. Not a job I'd want at this stage in my career.


Dream Crusher :,-(

On a totally unrelated note, How'd you get a cafe musketeer icon?


Madison gave it to me. Only cost $75, too.


I hate you. He told me it would be $150. :-#
Image
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16386
Joined: 4 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Gun control is hitting what you aim at.

Postby Alkaholik » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:58 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:
knapplc wrote:
GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:
knapplc wrote:
GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:Now thats the kind of job a guy could get into. Sports Forum Browser! :-b
Where do i sign up?


It's probably an unpaid Intern. Not a job I'd want at this stage in my career.


Dream Crusher :,-(

On a totally unrelated note, How'd you get a cafe musketeer icon?


Madison gave it to me. Only cost $75, too.


I hate you. He told me it would be $150. :-#


....wow

i guess i shoudnt tell you what he made me do for it :-P
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 7631
(Past Year: 22)
Joined: 19 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: wherever Jack takes me....

Postby knapplc » Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:01 pm

I competed in a league against a "rival" forum, which has not even close to the number of members we have and which is not even a pale comparison to ours. Unfortunately, they kicked our collective butts and I'm too embarrassed to tell you where I finished in this league to go on.

Let's just say that I had an absolutely awful year in fantasy football in 2006, across all leagues I played in. :-t
Image
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18961
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's an L, not an I

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:03 pm

knapplc wrote:I competed in a league against a "rival" forum, which has not even close to the number of members we have and which is not even a pale comparison to ours. Unfortunately, they kicked our collective butts and I'm too embarrassed to tell you where I finished in this league to go on.

Let's just say that I had an absolutely awful year in fantasy football in 2006, across all leagues I played in. :-t


Really? havent heard you talking about that at all..... ;-)
Image
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 6525
Joined: 18 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: South Stadium

Postby Alkaholik » Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:05 pm

I competed in a 12 team league with i believe was 4 differnt Fantasy Football websites finest....lost in the semi's to the LT owner.....got 3rd, but like they say, "if you aint 1st, your LAST!"
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 7631
(Past Year: 22)
Joined: 19 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: wherever Jack takes me....

Postby Free Bagel » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:45 pm

I can't believe PTI asked the Grossman question. I expected much more from a legitimate media venue than to ask such a ridiculous question that is not even within the realm of possibility.

Maybe next week they can start a topic on whether or not Tom Brady is the biggest playoff choking QB in playoff history.

I really hope Wilbon/Kornheiser went nuts on whoever thought up that topic.
Image
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Posts: 8495
Joined: 25 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Titletown, FL

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:46 pm

Free Bagel wrote:Maybe next week they can start a topic on whether or not Tom Brady is the biggest playoff choking QB in playoff history.


Now you are onto something Bagel. ;-D
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 22027
Joined: 3 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Has Left The Premises.

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:16 am

I think its Wicked Smaat personally. But thats because his avatar.
Cowboys 4 life
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 9515
(Past Year: 79)
Joined: 18 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby CC » Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:19 am

Free Bagel wrote:I can't believe PTI asked the Grossman question. I expected much more from a legitimate media venue than to ask such a ridiculous question that is not even within the realm of possibility.

Maybe next week they can start a topic on whether or not Tom Brady is the biggest playoff choking QB in playoff history.

I really hope Wilbon/Kornheiser went nuts on whoever thought up that topic.


He may be the worst QB to ever play in a Superbowl, but he was the best QB to lose a Heisman to Eric Crouch... :-b
Image
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11079
Joined: 30 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Big House.

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 1:23 hours
(and 36 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact