Bears afraid of the Patriots - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to New England Patriots

Bears afraid of the Patriots

Moderator: Football Moderators

Bears afraid of the Patriots

Postby madaslives911 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:13 am

David Haugh, Chicago Tribune wrote:We interrupt this Super Bowl infomercial on coaching decency to bring you the real reason Chicago Bears coach Lovie Smith rooted so hard Sunday for buddy Tony Dungy and the Indianapolis Colts to win the AFC championship.

The Bears can beat the Colts. They couldn't say that with as much certainty about the New England Patriots.
The Patriots posed bigger problems because of the big-game panache of Tom Brady, the brains of Bill Belichick and a 3-4 defense the Bears have found harder to read than hieroglyphics.
The Colts, ever dangerous, nevertheless present a better matchup for the Bears because of a vulnerable run defense, spotty kickoff coverage and struggling quarterback play of late -- by Peyton Manning standards.

:-D :-D :-D
Visit My Sigs Gallery

2008 Champion - Cafeholics Anonymous
2008 Champion - No Press Allowed
madaslives911
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mattb47 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:49 am

Maybe if you look at only how they were playing near the end of the regular season but if you look at how both Indy and NE were/are playing now, I think both of them pose a lot of problems for Chicago.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby RocketsDWM » Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:36 pm

The reg. season game agains the Pats was close though.

But I will always remember the juke move Brady gave to Urlacher while scrambling - classic.
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby madaslives911 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:46 pm

RocketsDWM wrote:
But I will always remember the juke move Brady gave to Urlacher while scrambling - classic.

Yip, that was a great play! Everyone was kinda shocked when he left Urlacher behind.

Brady kidded that his kids might not even believe him if he told them that he slipped Brian Urlacher in the game they won against the Bears.
Visit My Sigs Gallery

2008 Champion - Cafeholics Anonymous
2008 Champion - No Press Allowed
madaslives911
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Warhawk » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:18 pm

If someone asks you which team you'd rather face, pending a game to decide just that, the correct answer is almost always 'the loser'. ;-7

See, I'd much rather being playing the Saints in the Super Bowl. However, had the Saints won, I likely would rather be playing the Bears.
Warhawk
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Return to New England Patriots