What musical instrument do YOU play? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What musical instrument do YOU play?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:50 am

josebach wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
josebach wrote:None of you guys ever recorded any of your stuff? Don't make me look like an idiot by being the only one to post music in the other thread.

You're certainly not an 'idiot' for posting your music. You're just the only one who was smart enough to digitally record it. All I have are cassettes stuffed in a drawer of anything we ever did. :-[

I do have some small riffs on the computer that I saved years ago, but they certainly aren't worth attaching....even if I knew how. :-°

When I said "idiot" I just meant I didn't want it to look like I was bragging or anything. I know most people don't listen to my style of music, which is one of the reasons why I stopped trying to pursue it.

About 10 years ago, I had to pay a studio around $1000 to transfer the music from my keyboard to a DAT (digital audio tape). They then mailed the DAT to a company called Disk Makers in Pennsylvania and they created the CDs. Supposedly, it's a whole lot easier now. Whenever I buy my next computer, I'm going to make sure I get an upgraded sound card that will let me record to my computer easily. I don't play that much anymore, but I'm sure a lot of people that record music use their computers now which is why I figured a "Share Your Music" thread was a good idea.

I bet more people listen to your style of music than they realize...
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby josebach » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:05 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
josebach wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
josebach wrote:None of you guys ever recorded any of your stuff? Don't make me look like an idiot by being the only one to post music in the other thread.

You're certainly not an 'idiot' for posting your music. You're just the only one who was smart enough to digitally record it. All I have are cassettes stuffed in a drawer of anything we ever did. :-[

I do have some small riffs on the computer that I saved years ago, but they certainly aren't worth attaching....even if I knew how. :-°

When I said "idiot" I just meant I didn't want it to look like I was bragging or anything. I know most people don't listen to my style of music, which is one of the reasons why I stopped trying to pursue it.

About 10 years ago, I had to pay a studio around $1000 to transfer the music from my keyboard to a DAT (digital audio tape). They then mailed the DAT to a company called Disk Makers in Pennsylvania and they created the CDs. Supposedly, it's a whole lot easier now. Whenever I buy my next computer, I'm going to make sure I get an upgraded sound card that will let me record to my computer easily. I don't play that much anymore, but I'm sure a lot of people that record music use their computers now which is why I figured a "Share Your Music" thread was a good idea.

I bet more people listen to your style of music than they realize...

Oh, there's a market alright, but unless you play live, you really have to get picked up by a label to get exposure and without exposure getting picked up by a label is next to impossible. It's a tough cycle. Most record companies don't accept unsolicited music so they have to seek you out. One little record company was interested in me (can't remember which), so I gave them permission to use a couple of my songs on a compilation CD representing their label. When I got a copy of the CD they were sending out it was garbage. That really bummed me out.

I sold around 1000 CDs in Tallahassee in the year or two after I made the CD which was about how long it took me to realize a career writing music was extremely unlikely. That's when I went back to college and studied programming. Now, I'm just happy when people listen to it, so I just give the CDs away. I have around 500 left out of the 2,000 I had originally made.

The music industry is a killer. It's ok to dream, but always have a backup plan.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Re: What musical instrument do YOU play?

Postby dream_017 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:58 am

The_Captain wrote:
dream_017 wrote:
The_Captain wrote:I've seen all sorts of threads talking about who the best band is (how could we forget our offseason Battle of the Bands) or what type of music is better than another, but I've never seen a thread (and yes dream_017, I did do a search first - :-b ) of what kind of musical instrument one plays.

Are you sure you tried to search, well, did you? ;-) ;-D :-b Not as much turn out as this one ;-D

I played the trombone back in high school. I still have it sitting around somewhere but haven't played it in years.

I'll be damned dream - I missed that one for sure but it didn't come up in any of my searches. I bow to the search master...and I certainly need to improve my searching ability! :-b

No need to improve, I like searching for them ;-7 :-b
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Postby The_Captain » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:35 pm

I'm hoping to see if Munboy posts a picture of his drumset. The one with his girl on it cute, but I'd like to see the whole kit.

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:59 pm

awwchrist wrote:I play the flute

Heehee.... }:-)
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The_Captain » Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:54 pm

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:

Having seen your mug aww, it's really hard to picture you as a flute player......

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:44 am

The_Captain wrote:
SwiperNoSwiping wrote:

Having seen your mug aww, it's really hard to picture you as a flute player......

I was just kidding. :-b I couldn't resist. :-D
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby josebach » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:41 am

The_Captain wrote:
SwiperNoSwiping wrote:

That depends. What kind of flute? ;-) :-b
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Previous

Return to General Talk