Wanna Tailgate? Too Bad!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Wanna Tailgate? Too Bad!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Wanna Tailgate? Too Bad!!!

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:18 pm

(CBS4) MIAMI Die-hard football fans attending the Super Bowl game at Dolphin Stadium are getting a rude awakening after finding out that no tailgating of any type will be allowed within a one mile radius on game day.

"There is no tailgating allowed in the Dolphin Stadium parking lots," Sue Jaquez, a member of the Super Bowl XLI Host Committee, confirmed on Tuesday. "And there is no tailgating anywhere within a one-mile radius of the stadium." "And there are no RVs allowed."

Tailgating is permitted during regular- and post-season games for Dolphins fans, a team official on Tuesday said it would indeed be allowed at the Super Bowl. According to Jaquez, however, the official has been seriously misinformed.

The Dolphins do not organize and oversee the Super Bowl, Jaquez pointed out. Instead, those duties are left up to NFL officials. And because of security reasons, no pre-game partying on (or very near) the premises will take place. Fans spotted tailgating could face charges, Jaquez said.

"This is part of the NFL, not the Dolphins," Jaquez said. "If the Dolphins are saying there's tailgating -- or think it's going to be allowed -- then they need to contact the NFL."

Detective Nelda Fonticella of the Miami-Dade Police department confirmed the Super Bowl rules.

The rules put in force by the NFL prohibit grilling or consuming alcohol within on Dolphins Stadium grounds.

People "will be warned and asked to pick up their things and leave," Fonticella said. "We're trying to make this a pleasant experience for everyone, and there will be plenty to do in the week leading up to the game."

There is no law prohibiting tailgating outside of the stadium property.

This is absolutley dumb. :-t
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Wanna Tailgate? Too Bad!!!

Postby knapplc » Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:24 pm

deerayfan072 wrote: This is absolutley dumb. :-t

8-o 8-o 8-o 8-o 8-o 8-o

But.... why??????

You said it, deeray - this is absolutely DUMB. :-t
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:28 pm

Its b/c the Super Bowl isn't really a football game. It is a place to show that you have money and can attend, or that you can make it so someone can attend, or just that you are seen. I mean they double the halftime so we can watch people like Prince? It gets ridiculous. It should be about football and these 2 teams, but no, its about money and markwting. It is pathetic.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:35 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:Its b/c the Super Bowl isn't really a football game. It is a place to show that you have money and can attend, or that you can make it so someone can attend, or just that you are seen. I mean they double the halftime so we can watch people like Prince? It gets ridiculous. It should be about football and these 2 teams, but no, its about money and markwting. It is pathetic.

I'll admit - I'm a fan of Prince. I have his albums. But honestly, I couldn't care less that he's going to be doing the halftime show.

I wish they'd make it more about the game, too. :-/
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:49 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:Its b/c the Super Bowl isn't really a football game. It is a place to show that you have money and can attend, or that you can make it so someone can attend, or just that you are seen. I mean they double the halftime so we can watch people like Prince? It gets ridiculous. It should be about football and these 2 teams, but no, its about money and markwting. It is pathetic.

I agree with this...I personally think the championship games are a lot of the time cooler to go to...expecially when its snowing in foxboro ;-D

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Jimboozie » Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:53 pm

NFL stands for No Fun League. :-t
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby beanoX3 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:06 am

The NFL should seriously think about splitting the SuperBowl into 2 days. On Saturday, they can let all the pansy ass suits drink their champagne and eat caviar in their lux boxes while watching Prince prance around on stage like a little girl. Then on Sunday, leave it for the game and all the real football fans to come tailgate, eat, drink, and watch some football.

I can understand the reasoning about forbidding tailgating at the SuperBowl post 9/11. But it's seriously cutting into gameday tradition if regular fans can't even afford to attend the game, much less tailgate because of the stupid corporations buying all the tickets and jacking the price up into the thousands.

Bah... :-P
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby SniperShot » Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:08 am

beanoX3 wrote:The NFL should seriously think about splitting the SuperBowl into 2 days. On Saturday, they can let all the pansy ass suits drink their champagne and eat caviar in their lux boxes while watching Prince prance around on stage like a little girl. Then on Sunday, leave it for the game and all the real football fans to come tailgate, eat, drink, and watch some football.
This is an interesting idea.

Although it would hurt ratings overall and football freaks like us (And probably most non football fans too) won't be tuning in to see a Prince concert.... :-b
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby NittanyLions » Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:06 am

This really is stupid, tailgating is a part of football. The SB is turning away from a real football experience.
I thought it was bad when I visited Duke and found out for the time being, there is no football tailgating allowed. :-t
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby dgan » Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:31 am

Couldn't they at least have a designated tailgating area or something? I mean, this just says "football fans not wanted at the Superbowl". I understand the security concerns, but you have to make some effort... :-t
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Next

Return to General Talk