Share Your Original Music - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Share Your Original Music

Moderator: Football Moderators

Share Your Original Music

Postby josebach » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:38 am

Thought I'd start a thread that let cafe musicians post some of their original music. JukeboxAlive is free and really easy to use. All you need to do is convert any music you may have to MP3's, create a free account to jukeboxalive and upload some songs. If you need a free WMA to MP3 converter, Google "Jodix MP3 Converter" and it's the first hit.

(you may have to press CTRL for the media player to launch)

http://www.jukeboxalive.com/audio_play_ ... mid=759730

http://www.jukeboxalive.com/audio_play_ ... mid=759824

http://www.jukeboxalive.com/audio_play_ ... mid=759864
Last edited by josebach on Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:19 pm, edited 5 times in total.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:49 am

We rarely recorded much of anything when we played, and when we did, it was never digital. Always on a 4-Tracker. Tascam I think.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:18 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:We rarely recorded much of anything when we played, and when we did, it was never digital. Always on a 4-Tracker. Tascam I think.

$69 Tascam 4-tracker. ;-D Great for the garage band. :-b ;-D

Nice music jose. ;-D

Kind of a mellow, spacey type sound. I like. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:24 am

joelamosobadiah wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:We rarely recorded much of anything when we played, and when we did, it was never digital. Always on a 4-Tracker. Tascam I think.

Nice music jose. ;-D

Ours cost upwards of around $200 and we purchased a digital mixer (Fostex) that was compatible with a digital recorder (also Fostex), but never bought the recorder.

Speaking of garage, I was working in a hotel at the time that a bandmate got an apartment with a detached garage. We got numerous complaints about noise, so when my hotel was refurbishing and getting rid of nearly 400 pillows, I took a truckload full and stapled them all over the walls of the garage. Actually worked pretty well.

I can't seem to download jose's music. :-[
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:32 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:

Nice music jose. ;-D

Ours cost upwards of around $200 and we purchased a digital mixer (Fostex) that was compatible with a digital recorder (also Fostex), but never bought the recorder.

Speaking of garage, I was working in a hotel at the time that a bandmate got an apartment with a detached garage. We got numerous complaints about noise, so when my hotel was refurbishing and getting rid of nearly 400 pillows, I took a truckload full and stapled them all over the walls of the garage. Actually worked pretty well.

I can't seem to download jose's music. :-[

If you had a digital mixer, then you could just send the signal into a computer (I am the sound engineer for our church and this is what we do) or buy a real-time CD burner. ;-D

As for the garage pillows thing, I worked with an accoustic company over the summer and you are right. Pillows would do a decent job. Most of the time, they wouldn't be dense enough to block any of the low frequencies, but I guess they did come from a motel. :-/ :-b Since it's relevant, I will plug them here. I don't work for them anymore, so I hope that's fine. ;-D Truly are the best acoustical panels I have EVER seen.

Anyway, as for jose's music, I am assuming you clicked on the Download now link on the right side and input the little four letter code? After that, it opened up in quicktime for me, so you may have to have that for it to work. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby josebach » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:38 am

If you have a pop up blocker running, you may need to press CTRL so the media player works.
Last edited by josebach on Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:50 am

josebach wrote:Forget the first link and click on the second link. JukeboxAlive works MUCH better.

If you have a pop up blocker running, you may need to press CTRL so the media player works.

Got that one to work. Yeah, had to click the pop-up blocker allow.

Very cool Jose. What did you use? I'm pretty impressed, especially with the speed at various spots.

I enjoy Classical on occasion. It let's the listener decide what the song is about, how they choose to relate to it. Anymore for us Jose?
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby josebach » Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:11 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
josebach wrote:Forget the first link and click on the second link. JukeboxAlive works MUCH better.

Got that one to work. Yeah, had to click the pop-up blocker allow.

Very cool Jose. What did you use? I'm pretty impressed, especially with the speed at various spots.

I enjoy Classical on occasion. It let's the listener decide what the song is about, how they choose to relate to it. Anymore for us Jose?

I posted another song and I think I can only add 1 more on the free account. This entire album I recorded on a Yamaha SY85 keyboard. I have much better equipment now which I hardly use anymore... go figure. I was pretty young when I recorded it, so I know it's far from perfect. The tempo is HORRIBLE!! :-b Also, my user name is "josebach" because I love Bach, not because I think I'm even remotely as talented as he was. Just wanted to make that clear.

I hope other people post their stuff!
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:20 pm

I didn't say anything cause I didn't know if it was on purpose, but I noticed the tempo thing. I though you were trying to come up with some sort of new style or something. :-b ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby josebach » Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:25 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:I didn't say anything cause I didn't know if it was on purpose, but I noticed the tempo thing. I though you were trying to come up with some sort of new style or something. :-b ;-D
In some cases it was on purpose. In others, not so much. A metronome is your friend. :-)
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Next

Return to General Talk