Share Your Original Music - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to General Talk

Share Your Original Music

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:32 pm

josebach wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:I didn't say anything cause I didn't know if it was on purpose, but I noticed the tempo thing. I though you were trying to come up with some sort of new style or something. :-b ;-D
In some cases it was on purpose. In others, not so much. A metronome is your friend. :-)

Yeah, I knew some of it was, but some of it didn't seem to flow and was a bit choppy. Still, some great music. I don't play any instruments, but have a pretty good ear for it even though I am not much of a music officianado. :-b
Image
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16386
Joined: 4 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Gun control is hitting what you aim at.

Postby josebach » Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:16 pm

BTW, here's the jacket. A friend of mine took this at a graveyard in Texas I believe. The first jacket had my face on it which I friggin hated. I think this picture is awesome.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images ... 74&s=music
Image
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 4611
Joined: 27 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tallahassee, FL

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:11 pm

josebach wrote:BTW, here's the jacket. A friend of mine took this at a graveyard in Texas I believe. The first jacket had my face on it which I friggin hated. I think this picture is awesome.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images ... 74&s=music


Judging from those statements, yep, it was in Texas. Everything awesome is. ;-7 x
Image
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16386
Joined: 4 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Gun control is hitting what you aim at.

Postby LT Blue Colt » Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:13 pm

I don't have the proper equipment for recording, but my wife's father does. Here's her little sister's myspace site. Everyone in the family is real excited by the amount of potential this 17 year old has. Have a listen. http://www.myspace.com/katiepillsbury

I really enjoy "Holding My Breath" & "Dragging Me Down"
LT Blue Colt
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 1426
Joined: 5 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Intersection of M32 and Old 27

Postby RocketsDWM » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:20 pm

I thought it was great ;-D
Image
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3457
Joined: 9 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby josebach » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:41 am

That's pretty impressive for anyone much less a 17 year old. ;-D
Image
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 4611
Joined: 27 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tallahassee, FL

Postby joelamosobadiah » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:48 am

josebach wrote:That's pretty impressive for anyone much less a 17 year old. ;-D


I totally agree. She has a very gifted voice. Does she do any fo the instrumentals?
Image
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16386
Joined: 4 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Gun control is hitting what you aim at.

Postby LT Blue Colt » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:27 am

joelamosobadiah wrote:
josebach wrote:That's pretty impressive for anyone much less a 17 year old. ;-D


I totally agree. She has a very gifted voice. Does she do any fo the instrumentals?


She writes all the words, and is the rhythm guitar for all the songs. I'm pretty sure she does some of the piano work too. Her dad does the rest. It's kinda funny but the recordings are great, but she's a natural when she plays live. She says she loves the energy she gets from the crowd and the experience. The whole family really hopes things go well for her.
LT Blue Colt
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 1426
Joined: 5 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Intersection of M32 and Old 27

Postby josebach » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:44 am

LT Blue Colt wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:
josebach wrote:That's pretty impressive for anyone much less a 17 year old. ;-D


I totally agree. She has a very gifted voice. Does she do any fo the instrumentals?


She writes all the words, and is the rhythm guitar for all the songs. I'm pretty sure she does some of the piano work too. Her dad does the rest. It's kinda funny but the recordings are great, but she's a natural when she plays live. She says she loves the energy she gets from the crowd and the experience. The whole family really hopes things go well for her.


So the Dad writes the music and she writes the lyrics?
Image
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 4611
Joined: 27 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tallahassee, FL

Postby LT Blue Colt » Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:58 pm

josebach wrote:
LT Blue Colt wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:
josebach wrote:That's pretty impressive for anyone much less a 17 year old. ;-D


I totally agree. She has a very gifted voice. Does she do any fo the instrumentals?


She writes all the words, and is the rhythm guitar for all the songs. I'm pretty sure she does some of the piano work too. Her dad does the rest. It's kinda funny but the recordings are great, but she's a natural when she plays live. She says she loves the energy she gets from the crowd and the experience. The whole family really hopes things go well for her.


So the Dad writes the music and she writes the lyrics?


No, she comes up with the riffs and lyrics. Sometimes adds a piano touch, while her dad fills in a drum beat, lead guitar, bass, etc. Whatever she prefers. All in all she's the song writer, while dad's a hired backup musician. :-D
Metroid wrote: I eat Old Spice. :-B


I'm a Lions fan. I'm chuck full of freakin' hope.
LT Blue Colt
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 1426
Joined: 5 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Intersection of M32 and Old 27

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 21:34 hours
(and 42 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact