Shot Party, What Shot? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Shot Party, What Shot?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Tiki » Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:36 pm

knapplc wrote:That's what I was wondering. What's the point of this party? Did you at least meet any girls?
You hope, otherwise that'd be the biggest saugsage fest I've ever heard of. :-o
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby RWLongy4 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:18 pm

haha, yeah no cover charge. LOTS OF GIRLS the party was seriously awesome and well worth it. The cops came it was so exciting :-b But yeah we had 150ish show up and the booze was cashed in 2 hours so we collected some money for beer and were back in action.

Since it was 3 apartments we all got to meet each other's friends and what not, if you ever get an oppurtunity like that I highly recommend it. ;-D
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:47 pm

RWLongy4 wrote:haha, yeah no cover charge. LOTS OF GIRLS the party was seriously awesome and well worth it. The cops came it was so exciting :-b But yeah we had 150ish show up and the booze was cashed in 2 hours so we collected some money for beer and were back in action.

Since it was 3 apartments we all got to meet each other's friends and what not, if you ever get an oppurtunity like that I highly recommend it. ;-D

We did something very similar when i was a frosh un undergrad. We had a courtyard with three floors and every apartment had a different drink in it. We had like 400 people show up. We had 4 kegs in my apartment, we were pretty popular. Greatest thing was we had cops wh lived on the second floor of our courtyard and they came home from duty at like 2 AM and cam over got a beer hung out for a couple and then went home and went ot bed. They didn't care about all the people or the fact we were underage.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby beanoX3 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:29 am

One of my friends in college was a small-time party organizer and I helped him throw a lot of parties. Best one that I can remember was a party inside of a private housing complex, complete with gate and guard, lol. Throwing a successful party is lots of fun, but cleanup afterwards can be a real pain. So more often than not, we tried to throw parties in places other than where we lived, lol. At least for big parties.

As for cops raiding the party, I learned a very valuable lesson for escaping. If the cops come for more than breaking it up, i.e. looking for people to arrest, then you stay close behind someone. When a cop appears, then you push the person in front of you into the cop, and you run like mad. Hopefully, the cop will grab the person you pushed and ignore you. Fortunately though, about 90% of the time, university police are only interested in ending the party and sending people home.

I've even had one experience where the cops who came to a small party for a noise complaint initially. The officer in charge though, saw illegal drug use firsthand when he came inside (some idiot came out of a room with a bong in his hand), but he just told us that we need to keep it quieter and send some of the people home. He warned us that if they have to come back for a second noise complaint, then he'll come with lots of officers looking to arrest. That eased some of the tension, and one of my friends even offered him a beer, but he chuckled and said next time.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Previous

Return to General Talk