Pregnant lady selling Super Bowl ad's on her belly - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Pregnant lady selling Super Bowl ad's on her belly

Moderator: Football Moderators

Pregnant lady selling Super Bowl ad's on her belly

Postby stomperrob » Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:02 pm

Original way to get tickets I guess!

Jan. 25, 2007, 10:11AM
Chicago Bears fan offers her pregnant belly to advertisers

Associated Press

CHICAGO — The most imaginative Super Bowl ad might not appear on television, but on Jennifer Gordon's pregnant belly.

The self-professed "die hard" Chicago Bears fan is offering up her nearly nine-months pregnant belly space for advertisers to paint. She'll showcase it at the Feb. 4 Super Bowl, when the Bears play the Indianapolis Colts in Miami.

All the Chicago woman wants in exchange is two tickets to the game.

Gordon, a publicist, has posted ads online on eBay and Craigslist detailing the ploy.

"I will agree to have your message painted on my belly visible to Super Bowl attendees and the millions of fans around the world who watch," her Craigslist ad reads.

The going rate for Super Bowl tickets is currently $3,000 to $5,000.

Gordon and her husband Mitch have already booked flights to Florida and have a place to stay. She also has a doctor's note giving her permission to fly, she said.

"I thought it was brilliant," Mitch Gordon said. "It's certainly cheaper than a Super Bowl ad. Isn't this what fanatics do?"

So far, Gordon has received about 45 inquiries.

The 35-year-old mom-to-be has only one condition.

"I have my standards," she said. "It can't have anything to do with Indianapolis or the Colts."

Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 160)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:08 pm

haha, that's hillarious.

Gotta give it to the lady though. She is very creative.

The guy should offer his chest and stomach for an ad so they can get some cash on the side. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Flux » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:04 am

Whoever agrees for this, will get a lot more than the price of the tickets back in return. There will be stories about this all over the place, and im sure she will get on Cold Pizza or some other show(s).... all the while the advertising company's name will be all over the place. Its not a bad idea at all.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby danleroi22 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:12 am

She's already been on Cold Pizza... was on like four days ago... ;-D
Questions or Comments? Feel free to PM me.

I know that I've been given more than beyond measure.
danleroi22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Flux » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:14 am

danleroi22 wrote:She's already been on Cold Pizza... was on like four days ago... ;-D

oh...well then nevermind :-b
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby beanoX3 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:29 am

Code: Select all
"I have my standards," she said. "It can't have anything to do with Indianapolis or the Colts."

This is the best part.

However, if she was really attention-starved, then she could theoretically induce labor the instant after the Bears win, and then name her kid after whoever the SB MVP is. The media story that this could create would be enormous. If I was her shady publicist, I would probably suggest this to her.

Then again, the plan wouldn't work if the Bears happened to lose, but that's crazy talk, right?
;-D :-B
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Redskins Win » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:36 am

she should maybe think about puting an add on her face to cover that up and do us all a favor. :-b

i think golden palace may want to jump on this.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The_Captain » Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:56 pm

Very creative idea - and it's a good thing she's semi-good looking.

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:17 pm

If I were an advertiser I'd have trouble paying for this woman's trip to the Super Bowl without any guarantee that she'll be on TV. Sure it's a bargain compared to normal SB ad prices, but that's money wasted on a frivolous expenditure if they don't put her on TV.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:02 pm

knapplc wrote:If I were an advertiser I'd have trouble paying for this woman's trip to the Super Bowl without any guarantee that she'll be on TV. Sure it's a bargain compared to normal SB ad prices, but that's money wasted on a frivolous expenditure if they don't put her on TV.

On the contrary. I think that the TV appearance (if she got one) would just be an added bonus. I think that all of the hype around it (if they do it right) would be better advertising than anything. I mean, $9,000 (for two cheap ticket) isn't that bad for some basic advertising on the international level. And I think they get international exposure without a TV appearance.

But I will bet she gets it shown on TV anyway. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk