Tijuana police issued sling shots after guns seized - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Tijuana police issued sling shots after guns seized

Moderator: Football Moderators

Tijuana police issued sling shots after guns seized

Postby stomperrob » Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:11 pm

Apparently they can't be trusted with guns

Jan. 24, 2007, 3:38PM
Police in Tijuana issued slingshots as their weapons are inspected

Associated Press

TIJUANA, Mexico — The police department has issued about 60 slingshots to officers in the violent border city of Tijuana, where soldiers confiscated police weapons two weeks ago on allegations of collusion with drug traffickers.

Municipal police spokesman Fernando Bojorquez said Monday that the slingshots, along with bags of ballbearings, were given to officers patrolling areas of the city visited by tourists.

Tijuana's police force of 2,000 officers has been without guns since Jan. 5, but some patrol alongside armed state police.

President Felipe Calderon sent 3,300 soldiers and federal police to Tijuana at the beginning of January to hunt down drug gangs. The soldiers swept police stations and took officers' guns for inspection amid allegations by federal investigators that a corrupt network of officers supports smugglers who traffic drugs into the U.S. The weapons are still being checked.

About 100 police demonstrated outside Tijuana town hall on Monday demanding the return of their guns. "The arms are our tools for work," said officer Juan Manuel Nieves. "Do they want more police to be killed?"

More than 300 people were slain in Tijuana last year including 13 police officers.

Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:26 pm

That would be so embarrassing to be a policeman and get your gun taken away. :,-(

I don't know if I could show my face again. :-b
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby beanoX3 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:14 am

Getting your gun taken away is one thing, but I'd say that being handed a slingshot as a replacement is a slap to the face on top of embarassment. I think I'd rather go with just a baton or something rather than go out with a slingshot. Corrupt cops probably have easy access to firearms anyways. And they can always use their drug money to buy better ones than the police issue.

Mexico has huge issues with cops working for the drug trade though. I don't think Mexico will ever be corruption free as long as they are the main pipeline for drugs into the US and their economy continues to be borderline third world.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:42 am

that is so embarrassing...i would consider quitting the force

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Flux » Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:35 am

Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Redskins Win » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:32 am

joelamosobadiah wrote:That would be so embarrassing to be a policeman and get your gun taken away. :,-(

it might be more embarassing as a police officer to be corrupt and associated with drug dealers
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:43 am

Redskins Win wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:That would be so embarrassing to be a policeman and get your gun taken away. :,-(

it might be more embarassing as a police officer to be corrupt and associated with drug dealers

VEEERY true. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to General Talk