Running Backs in 2007 - Share your Thoughts.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Running Backs in 2007 - Share your Thoughts....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby BlueBandit24 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:32 pm

The Lung wrote:What do you guys think about Tatum Bell in Detroit?

Personally, I think Tatum Bell is exactly the kind of back that thrives in Martz's offense. He's fast, has good hands catching the ball, and field awareness. I would drop a 4th round pick on Bell in almost all formats, maybe 3rd round in points-per-reception leagues.

I think he may be able to utilize his speed on the turf. Martz backs are always productive so I would expect the same from Bell. I'd look at him in more the 6th-7th rounds due to his injury problems, KJ's potential return, and the fact that he likely won't get that many goalline carries, but he could be a good sleeper for the 1st part of the year since I feel a lot of people may have grown frustrated with him and avoid him in the draft this year.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:08 pm

Personally, I think Tatum Bell is exactly the kind of back that thrives in Martz's offense. He's fast, has good hands catching the ball, and field awareness. I would drop a 4th round pick on Bell in almost all formats, maybe 3rd round in points-per-reception leagues.

I have concerns over how well he will run in a different O-line system (one in which they don't block) and how well Martz would take his fumble issues. Mad Martz can turn Shanny on him and play Arlen Harris instead. Also there are rumors of the Lions trading Bell for draft picks. Much to be settled yet.

I do agree the he should blow up in a Martz system though, but my history as a Lions' fan curbs my enthusiasm.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby bigGAME101 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:19 pm

I don't think Tatum in Detroit is any better than Tatum in Denver. Actually, I think Denver was the best situation for Tatum. Now, he has a more complex system, a worse offensive line, and a much more talented back [than anyone in Denver] with which to compete once KJ is back. But anyone who was relying on Bell this year anyway was in a bad place to start IMO. If I was a Lions fan I would like this signing until KJ returns, though.

North Ancaster Astros - Crusaders Treasure Chest represent
bigGAME101
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby jdogg_ffc » Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:44 pm

I'd say he will prob. be pretty good for about 8 games till KJ comes back then RBBC.

My sleeper backs for this yr. as of now are Jacobs (NY) and D. Williams. (Panthers)
First the Shock, then the Pistons can the Lions be next?

Well maybe next yr.

PS I didn't lose a paper bag challenge but somehow as a Lion's fan it just feels right.
jdogg_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Chrisy Moltisanti » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:42 pm

What does Mike and Tatum Bell's value look like now with Detroit trying to move Tatum?
Chrisy Moltisanti
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby BlueBandit24 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:52 pm

Chrisy Moltisanti wrote:What does Mike and Tatum Bell's value look like now with Detroit trying to move Tatum?

I'd imagine Mike Bell's value stays around the same as last year. Henry is presumably signed to be the feature back but Bell showed enough last year to earn a good chunk of touches per game this year, and with Henry always battling injuries and the temptation of the crack-pipe Bell could find himself starting some games.

Tatum's I'd say takes a hit. He'll probably put up some decent yardage numbers but his TD's will likely still be down. Once KJ comes back I would imagine he plays second fiddle. It's all pretty much dependent on KJ's situation as to how valuable Tatum will be.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Kilroy » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:20 pm

BlueBandit24 wrote:
Chrisy Moltisanti wrote:What does Mike and Tatum Bell's value look like now with Detroit trying to move Tatum?

I'd imagine Mike Bell's value stays around the same as last year. Henry is presumably signed to be the feature back but Bell showed enough last year to earn a good chunk of touches per game this year, and with Henry always battling injuries and the temptation of the crack-pipe Bell could find himself starting some games.

Tatum's I'd say takes a hit. He'll probably put up some decent yardage numbers but his TD's will likely still be down. Once KJ comes back I would imagine he plays second fiddle. It's all pretty much dependent on KJ's situation as to how valuable Tatum will be.

Tatum's a risk/reward pick for sure next year. There's no telling when KJ will be ready to return to action, and in his absence I think Bell could do well in a Mad Mike Offense. However, there are big-time ??? with Bell too (uncertainty at QB in Motown, how many weeks will he start, etc.). I'm not targeting him (I don't think), but if he drops I'd be tempted to take a flyer on him.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Previous

Return to Football Talk