Adrian Wilson Jumps a 66" hurdle - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Adrian Wilson Jumps a 66" hurdle

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Flux » Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:47 am

knapplc wrote:Is he part grasshopper?

I remember reading that Michael Jordan had a 55" vertical leap, meaning that he could conceivably grab a quarter off the top of the backboard in one jump. That seemed incredible to me at the time.

But this guy gets almost a foot higher. That's insane.

Wilson's isnt a "true" vertical as he is lifting his legs up in the jump.

Still amazing though 8-o
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SniperShot » Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:36 am

Picture him doing that to a linebacker who tries to go for his feet on a tackle... :-b

Amazing.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Redskins Win » Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:38 am

Flux wrote:

I remember reading that Michael Jordan had a 55" vertical leap, meaning that he could conceivably grab a quarter off the top of the backboard in one jump. That seemed incredible to me at the time.

Still amazing though 8-o

true dat, it's not his arms are going much higher, he's just able to lift his legs really high. it's still pretty B-)
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:54 am

Redskins Win wrote:
Flux wrote:

Still amazing though 8-o

true dat, it's not his arms are going much higher, he's just able to lift his legs really high. it's still pretty B-)

Yeah, that's about all it is though. Pretty. I mean, I guess conceivably he could jump over somebody, but it doesn't do much for you. I would, however, like to see his real vertical. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Redskins Win » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:05 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:
Flux wrote:

Still amazing though 8-o

Yeah, that's about all it is though. Pretty. I mean, I guess conceivably he could jump over somebody, but it doesn't do much for you. I would, however, like to see his real vertical. ;-D

i said it was pretty cool, by using the B-) not just pretty. i don't want to be confused with some panzie that thinks some mans jumping actions are "pretty" 8-o
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:03 pm

Redskins Win wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:
Flux wrote:

Still amazing though 8-o

i said it was pretty cool, by using the B-) not just pretty. i don't want to be confused with some panzie that thinks some mans jumping actions are "pretty" 8-o

Nope. You said pretty. }:-) And don't back away from that now.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Sandrock » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:17 pm

I think the more amazing thing is that he only takes a couple of steps before jumping.
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:46 pm

Sandrock wrote:I think the more amazing thing is that he only takes a couple of steps before jumping.

Yeah, you only have to have enough speed to get you past the bar horizontally. More steps wouldn't help with the vertical height.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Bravos of Steel » Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:34 pm

wow that was insane...
Bravos of Steel
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Heimholder » Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:17 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:Yeah, you only have to have enough speed to get you past the bar horizontally. More steps wouldn't help with the vertical height.

I think I gotta disagree with you here. I don't have the physics equations to back it up, but it sure seems like speed helps with height. Remembering back to Junior High ( :-? Ok maybe Freshman year too...) you always give yourselves a running start when you're trying to get rim. Also how else do you explain dunk contestants starting at half-court? Somehow that horizontal speed contributes to the vertical, I know it!
Heimholder
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk