Lynch Accused of Sexual Assualt - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Lynch Accused of Sexual Assualt

Moderator: Football Moderators

Lynch Accused of Sexual Assualt

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:04 am

LYNCH ACCUSED OF SEXUAL ASSAULT

California running back Marshawn Lynch, who is widely regarded as one of the top prospects in the 2007 draft, reportedly has been accused of sexual assault and domestic violence.

In a criminal complaint filed on December 19, 2006, a woman claims tha Lynch "choked, slapped and sexually assaulted her" on December 13 in Oakland.

Radio station KCBS first reported the complaint, and a full story appears in the Contra Costa Times.

Lynch admits that he was with the woman on the night in question, but denies any criminal wrongdoing. On Friday, a judge awarded the woman a restraining order against Lynch.

At this point, the impact on Lynch's draft stock is unknown. (As several readers have suggested, Lynch suddenly has become very attractive to the Bengals.) And it's way too early to tell whether Lynch will do time.

In 2006, Lynch rushed for 1,356 yards on 223 carries for a 6.1 average gain per carry. For his career, he averaged 6.6 yards per attempt.

Not what you want before the draft
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Sandrock » Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:07 am

I've met Lynch and I didn't peg him as a deviant, but you never know.
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:59 am

Sandrock wrote:I've met Lynch and I didn't peg him as a deviant, but you never know.

It may not be true, it is just not what you want even if it is false.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:28 am

Marshawn Lynch will not be charged with assualting an ex-girlfriend.

When the story first broke, Lynch's agent stated that police found no evidence of violence, and that appears true, as the prosecutor never filed charges and the case is now closed. There's still a chance for a civil trial, but it appears Lynch is in the clear regarding any jail time. Jan. 30 - 9:07 am et
Source: Profootballtalk.com
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Re: Lynch Accused of Sexual Assualt

Postby ShoelessJoe » Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:32 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
(As several readers have suggested, Lynch suddenly has become very attractive to the Bengals.)

So I'm sitting in a quiet library here on campus when I read this. I literally laughed out loud... everybody's staring at me like what the hell is this guy doing. Nice story deeray, that line def. cracked me up... It's also good to see that Lynch was cleared but I still think this will hurt his draft stock.

I wonder how many of these complaints are really legitimate nowadays. It seems to me like a lot of these people are just trying to get a piece of the pie... but I guess there's really no way to know...
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Lynch Accused of Sexual Assualt

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:58 pm

ShoelessJoe wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
(As several readers have suggested, Lynch suddenly has become very attractive to the Bengals.)

So I'm sitting in a quiet library here on campus when I read this. I literally laughed out loud... everybody's staring at me like what the hell is this guy doing. Nice story deeray, that line def. cracked me up... It's also good to see that Lynch was cleared but I still think this will hurt his draft stock.

I wonder how many of these complaints are really legitimate nowadays. It seems to me like a lot of these people are just trying to get a piece of the pie... but I guess there's really no way to know...

Girl was an ex-girlfriend, so who knows what really happened. I do remember something similar hurting Winston Justice last year although his was before his senior season if i remember correctly :-?
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby eman » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:10 am

I dont see it hurting him too much. Looks like this was just a case of a bitter ex wanting a piece of the pie.
eman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:18 pm

he would fit in really well in cincy...

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter