Barbaro Euthinized - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Barbaro Euthinized

Moderator: Football Moderators

Barbaro Euthinized

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:27 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/horse/news/story?id=2747087

Its sad to see a horse have to be put down, but it may have been the best thing for him :,-(
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby knapplc » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:30 pm

Just goes to show how fragile these horses are. So strong, so beautiful, but one broken leg can kill them.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby eagles21 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:31 pm

I agree deeray, it was the best thing for him. I'm sure Barbaro was in a lot of pain during the whole recovery and I'm glad to see he doesn't have to go through it anymore.
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Re: Barbaro Euthinized

Postby Redskins Win » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:33 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/horse/news/story?id=2747087

Its sad to see a horse have to be put down, but it may have been the best thing for him :,-(

yayyyy, it's about time. i actually had an article i was gonna post today about barbaro about him having a rough nite. and then go on to note how much longer were they gonna torture this guy.

trying to save his leg was torturing him. sucking out all his sperm with a syringe. probably made him feel embarassed.

i guess as far as the owner goes he can feel good about himself saying we did all we could to save him. i think he went to far.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:48 pm

I agree it was the best thing for the horse. Any other horse they don't think twice.

RIP.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mrblitz » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:48 pm

I didn't know this. I knew he wasn't doing well though. I am from Philly, and we all fell in love with this horse. It is always sad when this happens, unfortunately in this case, it was probably the best thing.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Guru13 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:01 pm

me and MB were kinda talkin' about this (myspace of course) and as said ya it really does suck, but there's not much you can do. :,-(
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:06 pm

You do what you can, but he was in a lot of pain and would have had a worse life had they kept trying to keep him alive
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The Lung » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:43 pm

They should have done this from the start. No horse has EVER recovered from such injuries. They wasted hundreds of thousands of dollars on those operations.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby knapplc » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:46 pm

The Lung wrote:They should have done this from the start. No horse has EVER recovered from such injuries. They wasted hundreds of thousands of dollars on those operations.

It's their money, and if they could have kept him alive his Stud fees would have paid for that in less than a year.

It was an investment, but not just financially. These people loved this horse. Yeah, it's just a horse, but if you can't grasp why they tried so hard from the emotional side you're a hard-hearted person.

I'm not cracking on you, Lung. I'm just saying in general. ;-)
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk