Never fear Officer O'Neal is here - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Never fear Officer O'Neal is here

Moderator: Football Moderators

Never fear Officer O'Neal is here

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:35 pm

MIAMI — Shaquille O'Neal put his police skills to use early Sunday. O'Neal, the Miami Heat's All-Star center and a reserve officer with the Miami Beach Police Department, followed a driver who allegedly crashed into his Cadillac Escalade and tried to flee the scene, the team said.

O'Neal and bodyguard Jerome Crawford followed the driver for about five minutes. When the driver, identified by The Miami Herald as 18-year-old Emmnueo Cibrin of Tampa, stopped near a gas station, O'Neal approached the car and summoned a nearby police officer.

Police did not release an incident report Sunday night. Miami-Dade Corrections officials said they had no record of anyone by Cibrin's name being booked on a criminal charge, and it was unclear if he was ticketed for any moving violations.

The incident happened around 4 a.m., shortly after the Heat got home from a Saturday game in Chicago. O'Neal was helping Crawford, a team security official, unload luggage outside Crawford's home in Miami's Coconut Grove neighborhood when the accident occurred.

O'Neal, through the team, said Sunday night that he followed proper police protocol during the chase, including pursuing at a safe distance and speed. He contacted police officers along the way, he said

O'Neal was sworn in as a reserve officer in 2005. He has long said he intends to pursue a career in law enforcement when he retires from basketball

If i saw him coming for me i think i may start crying
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Never fear Officer O'Neal is here

Postby Nfl Fan » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:03 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:If i saw him coming for me i think i may start crying

'Miami Heat' now has a double meaning.
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Re: Never fear Officer O'Neal is here

Postby Guru13 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:11 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
MIAMI — Shaquille O'Neal put his police skills to use early Sunday. O'Neal, the Miami Heat's All-Star center and a reserve officer with the Miami Beach Police Department, followed a driver who allegedly crashed into his Cadillac Escalade and tried to flee the scene, the team said.

O'Neal and bodyguard Jerome Crawford followed the driver for about five minutes. When the driver, identified by The Miami Herald as 18-year-old Emmnueo Cibrin of Tampa, stopped near a gas station, O'Neal approached the car and summoned a nearby police officer.

Police did not release an incident report Sunday night. Miami-Dade Corrections officials said they had no record of anyone by Cibrin's name being booked on a criminal charge, and it was unclear if he was ticketed for any moving violations.

The incident happened around 4 a.m., shortly after the Heat got home from a Saturday game in Chicago. O'Neal was helping Crawford, a team security official, unload luggage outside Crawford's home in Miami's Coconut Grove neighborhood when the accident occurred.

O'Neal, through the team, said Sunday night that he followed proper police protocol during the chase, including pursuing at a safe distance and speed. He contacted police officers along the way, he said

O'Neal was sworn in as a reserve officer in 2005. He has long said he intends to pursue a career in law enforcement when he retires from basketball

If i saw him coming for me i think i may start crying
no doubt man. :-o
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby knapplc » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:16 pm

No kidding about the crying! I'm probably one of the more "massive" guys here at 6'3" and 320, and I think he'd still just crumple me up into a ball. I'd be running as fast as I could the other way...
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:16 pm

Yeah, he would be one scary dude coming for ya with a gun. 8-o
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Sandrock » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:19 pm

Damn Knapp, 320.....you could probably eat me and I'm a Pacific Islander.
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:20 pm

Sandrock wrote:Damn Knapp, 320.....you could probably eat me and I'm a Pacific Islander.

I'd be 250 if I spent less time on the Cafe. That may be a goal coming up here soon... :-b
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby beanoX3 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:20 pm

Shaq has got some bum knees now. So all you need to do is kick him in the knee and run, lol.

Anyways, is anyone else extremely underwhelmed by this bit of news? Maybe if there was a high speed car chase or a shootout or something I could care a bit more. But all Shaq did was follow a guy who had no clue he was being followed, and then called the cops. I don't see how this could be news, lol.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby SniperShot » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:47 pm

knapplc wrote:
Sandrock wrote:Damn Knapp, 320.....you could probably eat me and I'm a Pacific Islander.

I'd be 250 if I spent less time on the Cafe. That may be a goal coming up here soon... :-b

320-250 = 70

70pounds/8734 posts = .008 pounds gained per post.

KEEP THAT IN MIND the next time you click submit... :-b
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Karoz » Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:40 pm

I remember when Shaq first announced that he was interested in law enforcement. If I'm not mistaken, he mentioned that he was interested in becoming an undercover officer.

I immediately started laughing at the idea of Shaq becoming an undercover officer. He is so big and well known, that it would be impossible to go undercover, especially after he made his interest in law enforcement public. I mean, imagine you are intending to sell drugs, and you walk into the room, and you see Shaq sitting there.

Anyhow, he'll make a great uniform officer. However, his status makes the job a lot more dangerous. He will more than likely be targeted by criminals, and harassed often.
Karoz
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk