Anyone ever do a re-draft league? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Anyone ever do a re-draft league?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Anyone ever do a re-draft league?

Postby GreenBay4Life » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:15 pm

my league commish is throwing the idea around im pretty sure im against it bc it takes the advantage away of owners that do there homework before the 1st draft. whats your thougts?

2004: 2 League's 2 Championships
2005: 2 League's 2nd place and 6th place
2006: 1 league 2nd place
GreenBay4Life
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Anyone ever do a re-draft league?

Postby joelamosobadiah » Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:01 am

GreenBay4Life wrote:my league commish is throwing the idea around im pretty sure im against it bc it takes the advantage away of owners that do there homework before the 1st draft. whats your thougts?

ummm..... to what are you referring to? A second draft in the middle of the season? :-?
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Anyone ever do a re-draft league?

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:16 am

GreenBay4Life wrote:my league commish is throwing the idea around im pretty sure im against it bc it takes the advantage away of owners that do there homework before the 1st draft. whats your thougts?

Like Joel, I'm not sure what you mean. Redraft leagues usually refer to leagues that stay together for more than 1 year but then redraft after each season.

Are you talking about having a draft and then totally scrapping that draft and then redrafting? If so, I've never heard of that and I'm not sure why anyone would want to do that. :-?

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby GreenBay4Life » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:31 am

ok sorry guys i thought thats what a re-draft was bc thats what my commish called it. anyway what im trying to explain is a re-draft where you draft a team at the begining of yr and then by week 7 you select 2 keepers and throw everyone else back in the pot and have a week 7 re-draft. any ideas?

GreenBay4Life
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby joelamosobadiah » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:33 am

GreenBay4Life wrote:ok sorry guys i thought thats what a re-draft was bc thats what my commish called it. anyway what im trying to explain is a re-draft where you draft a team at the begining of yr and then by week 7 you select 2 keepers and throw everyone else back in the pot and have a week 7 re-draft. any ideas?

Yeah, that is weird. I think that I would go for one league like that maybe. But definitely a free one for fun just to try it out. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kilroy » Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:23 pm

Don't like it. Punishes success in the first draft.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby dream_017 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:33 pm

I too do not like the idea nor have I ever heard of it. The best part of fantasy football is the pre-season hype and pre-season draft.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Postby Kilroy » Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:38 pm

dream_017 wrote:I too do not like the idea nor have I ever heard of it. The best part of fantasy football is the pre-season hype and pre-season draft.

Exactly. Is the commish that proposed this by chance a lousy drafter? :-?

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby GreenBay4Life » Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:41 pm

actually the winner of the league this yr proposed it and the commish likes it so they are going to vote on it. The commish actually does well in drafting. I honestly cant stand the idea though. takes the advantage away from owners that know there stuff and study who to pick during the preseason.

GreenBay4Life
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:55 pm

Wow, never heard of doing that and for the reasons stated...I wouldn't want to! :-b

Good luck!

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Next

Return to Commissioner's Corner