Anyone ever do a re-draft league? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Anyone ever do a re-draft league?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby dgan » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:06 am

Interesting from the standpoint that the most exciting part of the year is the draft. Around midseason, some people lose interest because the "exciting" part of the fantasy season is well and gone. All the busts and sleepers have occurred, and bragging rights for good or bad drafts have been confirmed. Why not have ANOTHER draft to build up all the hype again?

Frankly, because it makes no sense. I'm with everyone else...good intentions, but stupid nonetheless. :-t
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby BGbootha » Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:34 pm

Yeah this is nothing more than fantasy football for idiots!!!
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Teaching is the Greatest Job in the World!!! (during the Summer)

Postby GreenBay4Life » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:55 am

yea thanks guys for confirming what i already thought. its sucks to because i really liked this league however if this is passed at our meeting im going to have to drop out. thanks for all the posts

2004: 2 League's 2 Championships
2005: 2 League's 2nd place and 6th place
2006: 1 league 2nd place
GreenBay4Life
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Jimboozie » Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:14 am

I'd try it out.

Really, this won't punish good drafters. If anything, it will help them out. They get two chances to outwit their opponents.
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby dgan » Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:18 pm

Jimboozie wrote:I'd try it out.

Really, this won't punish good drafters. If anything, it will help them out. They get two chances to outwit their opponents.

If it's a free league and you like hangin' out with these guys throwin' back some cold ones, might as well play along. No way would I put any money into a league like that though.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:31 pm

dgan wrote:
Jimboozie wrote:I'd try it out.

If it's a free league and you like hangin' out with these guys throwin' back some cold ones, might as well play along. No way would I put any money into a league like that though.

Couldn't have said it better myself...completely agree.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby GreenBay4Life » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:41 am

no its defintely not a free league its $500 a team league. I dont think im going to do it. its ashame to bc its such a competitive league i really liked it.

2004: 2 League's 2 Championships
2005: 2 League's 2nd place and 6th place
2006: 1 league 2nd place
GreenBay4Life
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Kilroy » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:58 am

GreenBay4Life wrote:no its defintely not a free league its $500 a team league. I dont think im going to do it. its ashame to bc its such a competitive league i really liked it.

No way in h**l would I shell out 500 bucks for that.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby knapplc » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:31 pm

A $500 gamble on something you have zero control over? That's just plain crazy. The two money leagues I'm in cost $40 and $20 and I think the $40 league is really pricey. That's the most I'll spend in a league, believe me.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Kilroy » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:52 pm

knapplc wrote:A $500 gamble on something you have zero control over? That's just plain crazy. The two money leagues I'm in cost $40 and $20 and I think the $40 league is really pricey. That's the most I'll spend in a league, believe me.

$50 bucks is about my personal ceiling for a FF buy-in. With what they're proposing you'd be better off just talikng the $500, walking up to a roulette table, and betting black. At least then you'd have an almost 50/50 shot of doubling your money.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

PreviousNext

Return to Commissioner's Corner