Smith Campaigning for Browns to Take him - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Smith Campaigning for Browns to Take him

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby portisfan24 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:03 pm

Am I the only one who would stick with Frye? I think he showed some potential last year and its too soon to write him off.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SniperShot » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:19 pm

Smith would not be a good fit for the Browns. I can just see it not working out. Although I saw things just not working out with Vince Young in Tennesse too so...
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby aldridg6in » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:51 pm

I think it would be wise for the Browns to pass on Smith. I just don't think he's going to be that good in the NFL. The Browns need a real QB. They're better off with Frye at this point.
aldridg6in
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:18 pm

portisfan24 wrote:Am I the only one who would stick with Frye? I think he showed some potential last year and its too soon to write him off.

i was thinking that also...if they were a good QB away from being a playoff contender, i would say go ahead and get someone, but frye is not their biggest problem right now.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:35 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
portisfan24 wrote:Am I the only one who would stick with Frye? I think he showed some potential last year and its too soon to write him off.

i was thinking that also...if they were a good QB away from being a playoff contender, i would say go ahead and get someone, but frye is not their biggest problem right now.

Who would you take with the 3rd or 4th pick if you are the Browns?

I would take AD, but thats me
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby aldridg6in » Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:16 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:

If Peterson is there, which he should be, I would take him for sure. They need a good RB. Droughns isn't going to cut it for them.
aldridg6in
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:25 pm

aldridg6in wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:

If Peterson is there, which he should be, I would take him for sure. They need a good RB. Droughns isn't going to cut it for them.

Exactly any QB can win with a good ground game and solid D, ask Trent Dilfer
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby ShoelessJoe » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:28 am

skibrett15 wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:
VaderFin wrote:While I don't know Ginn's medical status at the game a sprained foot can EASILY be more then painful enough to not be able to play. Hell you can't walk sometimes if you sprain it bad enough.

You can't walk sometimes the day after or week after, you can always walk and even run on a sprain right after it happens. If anything it's going to hurt a lot less 15 minutes after it happens then it does 15 hours or one day.

Ok, but are you willing to run on a compromised foot and risk far more serious injuries when you're standing to lose a lot of money if you can't run really really fast? Didn't think so. And you can't run on a freshly sprained ankle all the time, depends on how bad of a sprain. If you completely tear the ligaments you aren't going to be able to run properly.

That's the point. He didn't care about OSU. All that he cared about was Ted Ginn. I wouldn't want that kind of person on my team.
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby The Balanced Man » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:12 am

ShoelessJoe wrote:
That's the point. He didn't care about OSU. All that he cared about was Ted Ginn. I wouldn't want that kind of person on my team.

Reports I heard here in Ohio stated that Ginn wanted back in, but Tressel is the one who made him sit.

Regardless, Ginn is a sloppy route runner who depends on great speed. He will need a lot of coaching at the NFL level.

I think Gonzo makes a better NFL reciever at the end of the day.
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby J2thez929 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:58 am

If Troy Smith had a good game against Florida and won the National Champsionship then I think the outlook would be much better for him. With that said, I've been a Troy fan throughout his OSU career. He was arguably the best QB to ever play at Ohio State. Now will that translate to the NFL? It's too be seen. But I would be against the Browns if they took him in rd 2 or 3 if they go get a vet QB like Plummer for next year and work on the o-line.
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to College Football