Women who was Raped is arrested on old Warrant - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Women who was Raped is arrested on old Warrant

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:08 pm

Redskins Win wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:i mean that sucks, but what are the cops supposed to do? they are just doing their job

I guess they're doing their job. but if you look at it this way, say a taxi driver is taking you to the airport but he's driving down the wrong way on the highway, he's still taking you to the airport it's just wrong and immoral how he's going about doing his job.

i dont really like that analogy because here the police either do their job and arrest her or dont do their job and let her go...it isnt like they are making it any worse than it needs to be without arresting her.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby beanoX3 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:08 pm

Some of the warrants issued for certain things is ridiculous. Warrants for late fines are one of them. There are better ways of forcing a person to pay than issuing a warrant for their arrest.

My friend had one issued in another county after he got ticketed for fishing without a sports license. He forgot to pay and 3 months later, got arrested while he was a passenger in my car. Police pulled me over for no apparent reason, took both of our IDs, then gave mine back and told me I could go but my friend had to get out. They arrested him right there and I had to go to the police station to bail him out.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Redskins Win » Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:18 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:i mean that sucks, but what are the cops supposed to do? they are just doing their job

I guess they're doing their job. but if you look at it this way, say a taxi driver is taking you to the airport but he's driving down the wrong way on the highway, he's still taking you to the airport it's just wrong and immoral how he's going about doing his job.

i dont really like that analogy because here the police either do their job and arrest her or dont do their job and let her go...it isnt like they are making it any worse than it needs to be without arresting her.

I'm not saying they should've let her go, she was in a cop car she wasn't going anywhere. All I'm saying is they shouldn't have stopped the rape investigation immediately when the warrent came up. so now after realizing what mistake they made they start the investigation all over 3 or 4 days after the rape occured. and yeah they made it completely worse by taking a traumatized woman who thought was being helped to handcuffing her booking her and tossing her in the brig with the pill nazi just after being raped, i'd say that's making things worse.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:18 pm

Redskins Win wrote:

How about using some common sense while doing your job? Which is the more severe crime, late fees or rape? If a cop was handing out a ticket for speeding and witnessed someone get robbed and shot, where would we expect him to direct his attention?
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:20 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:

How about using some common sense while doing your job? Which is the more severe crime, late fees or rape? If a cop was handing out a ticket for speeding and witnessed someone get robbed and shot, where would we expect him to direct his attention?

well it isnt like the guy that raped her was standing right there and they let him go. i'm sure they went after him right after handling her situation.

A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:22 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:

well it isnt like the guy that raped her was standing right there and they let him go. i'm sure they went after him right after handling her situation.

It's about priority and empathizing Fleshner. They showed neither and a complete lack of rationale.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Redskins Win » Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:25 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:

well they didn't, and that's the ultimate shame of this and the only point I'm trying to emphasize. well that and the utter lack of morality.

stoopid article wrote:Later, as she was riding in a patrol car trying to locate the crime scene in the dark, police found the warrant stemming from a 2003 juvenile arrest for grand theft and burglary. It said she owed $4,585.

"They stopped the investigation right there" and put her in handcuffs, Moore said.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby steelerfan513 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:33 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:

It's about priority and empathizing Fleshner. They showed neither and a complete lack of rationale.

I agree. Rape has to be traumatizing, and then when you tell the cops, they throw you in jail, which just adds on to that. She didn't get all the attention she needed. The cops really needed to use some common sense there by helping her before throwing her in jail.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:36 pm

There are countless examples of why women are afraid, sometimes, to come forward after being sexually assaulted. If this woman was afraid to come forward, but found the courage to, she's probably not feeling like she may have made the right decision, which, of course, she did.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:45 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:

So are you suggesting that all anyone that is a con hasta do to get off the hook is to go play victim (and trust me, im not suggesting this is what she did)?

A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk