Women who was Raped is arrested on old Warrant - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Women who was Raped is arrested on old Warrant

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Art Vandelay » Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:48 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:So are you suggesting that all anyone that is a con hasta do to get off the hook is to go play victim (and trust me, im not suggesting this is what she did)?

Nobody is suggesting that at all. What people are saying is that conducting the rape investigation and dealing with her warrant are not mutually exclusive.
Art Vandelay
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Redskins Win » Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:52 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:i mean that sucks, but what are the cops supposed to do? they are just doing their job

I guess they're doing their job. but if you look at it this way, say a taxi driver is taking you to the airport but he's driving down the wrong way on the highway, he's still taking you to the airport it's just wrong and immoral how he's going about doing his job.

i dont really like that analogy because here the police either do their job and arrest her or dont do their job and let her go...it isnt like they are making it any worse than it needs to be without arresting her.

How about using some common sense while doing your job? Which is the more severe crime, late fees or rape? If a cop was handing out a ticket for speeding and witnessed someone get robbed and shot, where would we expect him to direct his attention?

well it isnt like the guy that raped her was standing right there and they let him go. i'm sure they went after him right after handling her situation.

It's about priority and empathizing Fleshner. They showed neither and a complete lack of rationale.

So are you suggesting that all anyone that is a con hasta do to get off the hook is to go play victim (and trust me, im not suggesting this is what she did)?

dude what are you even going on about they admitted it was wrong and as soon as anyone found about her being incarcerated they imiediately worked on her release, so even the cops see it as an improper way to handle the situation.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Women who was Raped is arrested on old Warrant

Postby Goatwhacker » Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:14 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:Also, the person who refused to give her the morning after pill should have to pay child support (at least) if she did get pregnant.

I have some skepticism about this part - all we are hearing right now is the mother's/lawyer's side about the pill. I really question that a jail employee said "I'm not going to give you your pill because it's against my religion".

I have some experience with prisoners and prescriptions, and there is almost always a delay getting the meds started. You have to have a signed prescription from the doc then the local pharmacy has to deliver it, normally they do not let the prisoners take meds from bottles they had with them. Most jails have a consulting nurse otherwise the personnel have minimal medical training.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:27 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:i mean that sucks, but what are the cops supposed to do? they are just doing their job

I guess they're doing their job. but if you look at it this way, say a taxi driver is taking you to the airport but he's driving down the wrong way on the highway, he's still taking you to the airport it's just wrong and immoral how he's going about doing his job.

i dont really like that analogy because here the police either do their job and arrest her or dont do their job and let her go...it isnt like they are making it any worse than it needs to be without arresting her.

How about using some common sense while doing your job? Which is the more severe crime, late fees or rape? If a cop was handing out a ticket for speeding and witnessed someone get robbed and shot, where would we expect him to direct his attention?

well it isnt like the guy that raped her was standing right there and they let him go. i'm sure they went after him right after handling her situation.

It's about priority and empathizing Fleshner. They showed neither and a complete lack of rationale.

So are you suggesting that all anyone that is a con hasta do to get off the hook is to go play victim (and trust me, im not suggesting this is what she did)?

The rape happened before the discovery of the warrant, not the other way around.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:16 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:

The rape happened before the discovery of the warrant, not the other way around.

her crime happened before the rape though...

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Kilroy » Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:06 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:

her crime happened before the rape though...

So you're saying that the police should be more concerned with prosecuting people that don't pay the fine/restitution from a juvenile theft charge than finding rapist(s) before they, oh, I don't know, rape another woman?

Your defense of the police's actions in this matter are as mind-boggling to me as the actions themselves.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:33 pm

Flesh-

Imagine that you are raped by a man and somehow you have the courage to go to the police. You want help and for the guy who raped you to be found. Instead they throw YOU in jail becuase you didn't pay a fine from 4 years ago. They don't care about finding someone who is a violent offender and raped you, but rather do the easy thing and jail the person in front of them who owes the court money for something stupid they did when they were a juvenile. How would you feel? Is this what we want our courts and police to be doing?
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:46 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:Flesh-

Imagine that you are raped by a man and somehow you have the courage to go to the police. You want help and for the guy who raped you to be found. Instead they throw YOU in jail becuase you didn't pay a fine from 4 years ago. They don't care about finding someone who is a violent offender and raped you, but rather do the easy thing and jail the person in front of them who owes the court money for something stupid they did when they were a juvenile. How would you feel? Is this what we want our courts and police to be doing?

Look, I know the situation sucks, and the cops are in a horrible position here. Regardless of how bad the situation is, they have to do their job and yes, I would say there is nothing they can do here that is completely the right action. All I am saying is that one situation shouldn't affect another.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:53 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:Flesh-

Look, I know the situation sucks, and the cops are in a horrible position here. Regardless of how bad the situation is, they have to do their job and yes, I would say there is nothing they can do here that is completely the right action. All I am saying is that one situation shouldn't affect another.

Yes it should. There are policy issues behind every law and way our police force is supposed to act. The fact is we value money in this country more than other things in this country. Had this girl had a warrant for robbery, murder, something like that i am fine with it, but for some stupid restitution from when she was a teenager come on. Sometimes the police forget that they are humans and there job is too help people first, worry about court costs and restitution later.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:47 am

I love how the woman's lawyer claims they stopped the investigation and you all believe it happened just like that. Its not at all possible to you that the cops who had her in their car took her back to the station for booking, while other cops kept going with the investigation.

As for the 2nd dose of the morning after pill, someone fouled up big time. But other than that, wow you guys have a lot of respect for this lawyer, and just believe his word as law, assuming the police were completely immoral. Kinda sad.

EDIT: Also, this notion that her crimes were minor infractions, did any of you bother reading where they specified the charges? Grand-theft and burglary. That's not a parking ticket.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk