Which does your league use?

Serpentine
8%
NFL style
92%

Total votes : 12

Year 2 dynasty drafts

Postby dream_017 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:56 pm

OK, you finished your first dynasty season, now comes the rookie/free agent draft. Does your league use a serpentine style or NFL style when drafting?
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby steelerfan513 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:11 pm

If a league tried to use serpentine for a rookie draft, I would quit. This is the way the worse teams get a chance to get better. Why do you think the NFL does it that way? The bad teams need a better opportunity to get good players so that they can become competitive and not lose interest.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby mattb47 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:22 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:If a league tried to use serpentine for a rookie draft, I would quit. This is the way the worse teams get a chance to get better. Why do you think the NFL does it that way? The bad teams need a better opportunity to get good players so that they can become competitive and not lose interest.

I agree, not about the quitting part but about the NFL style being better. Rookies already make a limited impact many times so an NFL draft style gives the lesser teams a better chance of getting some sort of impact from the rookie class.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:25 pm

Chalk up my NFL style vote Dream. ;-D
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Commissioner's Corner