Inactive owners? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Inactive owners?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby bobbing_headz » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:42 am

Kilroy1872 wrote:
bobbing_headz wrote:I find that the best thing to do is to just set the owner's lineup for him. It's no fun if you bench players on his team so the other teams get essentially an automatic bye, especially if he's only inactive for part of the year (cause it's unfair). I say start his best players every week. You're not penalizing anyone except yourselves if you try to remove his team cause he's gone and he obviously doesn't care anymore.

I'm not crazy about the idea of commishes setting lineups for other teams unless that owner has expressly given the commish permission (the owner will be out of town, etc.). That can be a slippery slope that leads to a league full of p****d-off owners. How do you define who that team's "best" players are? Points? Matchups? What about injuries? Inevitably you're going to make a lineup decision that leaves someone crying "foul".

It doesn't matter who the best players might be. As a commish you just make a judgement call on what you think is the most fair lineup.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mattb47 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:47 am

bobbing_headz wrote:
Kilroy1872 wrote:
bobbing_headz wrote:I find that the best thing to do is to just set the owner's lineup for him. It's no fun if you bench players on his team so the other teams get essentially an automatic bye, especially if he's only inactive for part of the year (cause it's unfair). I say start his best players every week. You're not penalizing anyone except yourselves if you try to remove his team cause he's gone and he obviously doesn't care anymore.

I'm not crazy about the idea of commishes setting lineups for other teams unless that owner has expressly given the commish permission (the owner will be out of town, etc.). That can be a slippery slope that leads to a league full of p****d-off owners. How do you define who that team's "best" players are? Points? Matchups? What about injuries? Inevitably you're going to make a lineup decision that leaves someone crying "foul".

It doesn't matter who the best players might be. As a commish you just make a judgement call on what you think is the most fair lineup.

It's actually best to set a certain standard beforehand such as playing the player who is averaging the most fantasy points per game or something of that nature so that you have an objective way to do it.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:06 am

mattb47 wrote:
bobbing_headz wrote:
Kilroy1872 wrote:

It's actually best to set a certain standard beforehand such as playing the player who is averaging the most fantasy points per game or something of that nature so that you have an objective way to do it.

the best way is just tell them you will set the lineup whenever the cafe's start and sit comes out and leave it through game day. Set it according to that list and then its all set. ;-D

Also, that way you con't have to check in right before game time and try and switch out inactives. Just tell them its according to the list and give them a link. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Commissioner's Corner