xbox 360 games - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

xbox 360 games

Moderator: Football Moderators

xbox 360 games

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:00 am

So my wife got me a 360 for Christmas.

I have Madden 07, NCAA 07, and Cars. Well, Cars is the 4 yr old kid's mostly. So, I really get very little chance to play.

What games do you guys receommend looking into? I have never been a big 'shoot em up' kinda game guy, but some of them look pretty amazing these days.

Any help/direction would be appreciated. ;-D
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby terpfan » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:13 pm

If you want to try a shooter I would recommend Gears of War. It looks amazing, and its probably the highest reviewed game on the 360 right now. If you like RPGs type games at all Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion also gets really high reviews. But its reeeeally in depth so if thats not your thing you may want to avoid it. You have to put major time into that.

Any specific genres you like? Most of my 360 games are sports or shooters other than Oblivion.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby aldridg6in » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:34 pm

I just got a 360 this week so my knowledge base is limited, but Gears of War came in the bundle I bought. I've played through the first 2 acts and the game is amazing.

Rainbow Six:Vegas and NBA 2k7 are also pretty good. I've got March Madness 2007 but I can't decide if I like it or College Hoops 2k7 better. I'm going to try to find some used games over the weekend so if I find anything else that is good I'll post it.
aldridg6in
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby sox 06 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:10 pm

I have Madden 07 and Project Gotham Racing 3 and both are great. I got a 360 for Christmas so my knowledge base isn't too big. But if you like racing games Forza Motorsport 2 and PGR 4 are coming out and they are both pretty highly thought of. Obviously Halo 3 is worth a look too. ;-7 ;-D
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RWLongy4 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:52 pm

As sox06 said Halo 3 is a must have when it comes out. Other than that, Fight Night is good (boxing game), Gears of War is also a good one. ;-D
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Free Bagel » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:19 pm

I hated on Xbox and 360 shooters for a good solid 3 years before I picked up Gears of War.

Now, I'm totally addicted. Buy it, buy it now, buy two copies just so if something happens to the first you can still play without missing any time.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby eman » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:50 pm

GoW and Rainbow Six:LV are the top shooters. If you're into the more stealth type shooter games, Id HIGHLY recommend Splinter Cell:Double Agent. I got it for Christmas having never played a Splinter Cell game before, and fell in love with it almost immediately. The game relies almost fully on strategy and anticipation rather than shooting, and the graphics and storyline are plenty to keep you hooked. For sports games Id suggest getting Fifa. If youre into soccer at all, its a very fun game and is especially good for playing with friends and the like. As for racing games, there's PGR and NFS of course, but an under the radar game Id suggest is Test Drive: Unlimited. its a very fun racing game that is amazingly fun to play.
eman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby aldridg6in » Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:48 pm

eman wrote:GoW and Rainbow Six:LV are the top shooters. If you're into the more stealth type shooter games, Id HIGHLY recommend Splinter Cell:Double Agent. I got it for Christmas having never played a Splinter Cell game before, and fell in love with it almost immediately. The game relies almost fully on strategy and anticipation rather than shooting, and the graphics and storyline are plenty to keep you hooked. For sports games Id suggest getting Fifa. If youre into soccer at all, its a very fun game and is especially good for playing with friends and the like. As for racing games, there's PGR and NFS of course, but an under the radar game Id suggest is Test Drive: Unlimited. its a very fun racing game that is amazingly fun to play.

The whole Splinter Cell series is very good. I played them all on the PS2, so I'm hoping a new one will come out sometime this year so I can enjoy it on the 360. If you haven't played the other Splinter Cell games I'd highly recommend you trying them out.
aldridg6in
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby FantasyMan13 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:21 am

Yes, as someone previously said, Fight Night: Round 3 is awesome! The graphics are amazing and the controls aren't too hard, but at the same time not too easy. Definietly give that a try, you won't be disappointed, even if you're not a boxing fan ;-D
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby Cards24 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:55 am

College Hoops 2k7. Legacy mode is OUTSTANDING!!!
Best Damn Fantasy Football League
Cards24
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Next

Return to Video Games