33%
No
39%
Who cares?!?!?
28%

Total votes : 18

Mozart and Babies

Postby joelamosobadiah » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:08 pm

Hey, my friends and I are having a "deep" discussion. What does everybody think of the validity of Mozart making babies smarter when they grow up? I have a 45 minute class now, but we were wondering what all you "experts" thought. :-b ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Metroid » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:21 pm

Heck yeah Mozart makes you more smarter! My parents played that dood for me when I was a kid and now I'm hecka smart! :-b

Seriously though I think it might stimulate certain parts of the brain that may lead to more brain power, I dunno. :-?
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby SniperShot » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:24 pm

There is some whole funky theory (maybe not as funky as I think) that if you listen to soothing music when your baby is really young (or maybe not even born) it'll make the person more calm as they get older...

Who knows though it's all theory. Sure there could be some truth to it. I voted who cares.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby bobbing_headz » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:25 pm

It's all a scam by companies that produce this kinda crap for babies. There's lots of smart people that didn't listen to Mozart. So...
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:26 pm

I said it's bogus, no way they got smarter cuz of him

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby steelerfan513 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:30 pm

Frankly, I don't know, and I don't care.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby stomperrob » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:16 pm

The type of parents that would do this for their babies are no doubt the type of parents that do other things to encourage the intellectual development of their babies and so yes, there are no doubt positive results shown as a result but not solely due to the music - IMO.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby joelamosobadiah » Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:01 pm

Metroid wrote:Heck yeah Mozart makes you more smarter! My parents played that dood for me when I was a kid and now I'm hecka smart! :-b

Seriously though I think it might stimulate certain parts of the brain that may lead to more brain power, I dunno. :-?

LOL, I have missed your sarcastic and humorous presence here. :-b

I guess I have become really used to it cause my friends were reading the posts and they were all laughing out loud at that post. I guess I have kinda come to take it for granted. :-b ;-D

Good to have ya back.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby josebach » Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:03 pm

It's not just Mozart, it's classical music in general. Where I'm not sure it can be proven one way or the other, it certainly makes sense. The structure of classical music is significantly more complicated than most modern music and it would only stand to reason that your brain would have to work a lot harder to interpret classical music than a simple three chord modern song. I would probably put jazz into this same category... although who wants to listen to jazz. :-t :-b
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby lmcjaho » Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:06 pm

Personally I think playing Mozart or classical music for your babies is just asking for them to get a beatdown when they grow older. Kids tend to form their "taste" in music and such at an early age, and if you make your kid a classical-music weenie they're gonna get beats when they come out of the closet at such a young age !+)
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Next

Return to General Talk