There is something in my McMuffin - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

There is something in my McMuffin

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:50 am

joelamosobadiah wrote:haha, this woman is crazy. Nowhere near as crazy as that dumb lady that sued McDonalds for spilling hot coffee in her lap though. Good thing SHE didn't win. 8-o ;-7

As for this lady...Don't they have security cameras in McDonalds? Couldn't they just look to see if:
a. The cook put something unusual and shiny in the McMuffin
b. The lady kind of slipped something a little "unexpected" into the McMuffin.
I mean, that would be MY first two steps. :-?

That story isn't as bad as people make it out to be. The verdict got knocked way down, she actually had 3rd degree burns and the coffee was WAY above the temperature that is set as a safe temp. It goes to forseability, was it forseeable someone would spill coffee on themselves yes. Also, do you know how they came up with the bigger verdict? It was the profits of 1 day of Coffee sales that McDonalds makes in 1 day. WHen you look at it that way it really wasn't that much
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby josebach » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:05 am

deerayfan072 wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:haha, this woman is crazy. Nowhere near as crazy as that dumb lady that sued McDonalds for spilling hot coffee in her lap though. Good thing SHE didn't win. 8-o ;-7

As for this lady...Don't they have security cameras in McDonalds? Couldn't they just look to see if:

That story isn't as bad as people make it out to be. The verdict got knocked way down, she actually had 3rd degree burns and the coffee was WAY above the temperature that is set as a safe temp. It goes to forseability, was it forseeable someone would spill coffee on themselves yes. Also, do you know how they came up with the bigger verdict? It was the profits of 1 day of Coffee sales that McDonalds makes in 1 day. WHen you look at it that way it really wasn't that much

Yeah, I learned about that case in business school. Essentially, there were a significant number of people burned every year with their coffee because the temperature was too high and McDonalds had some bean counters determine that essentially it was cheaper to keep paying medical expenses to the burn victims than it was to replace every coffee machine in every McDonalds country wide. The verdict was every bit as much a punishment to McDonalds for not upgrading their coffee pots as it was a reward to the woman for burning herself.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:07 am

josebach wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:

Yeah, I learned about that case in business school. Essentially, there were a significant number of people burned every year with their coffee because the temperature was too high and McDonalds had some bean counters determine that essentially it was cheaper to keep paying medical expenses to the burn victims than it was to replace every coffee machine in every McDonalds country wide. The verdict was every bit as much a punishment to McDonalds for not upgrading their coffee pots as it was a reward to the woman for burning herself.

Reminds me of Ford and Pinto
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Redskins Win » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:47 am

I finds this story a little hard to swallow :-b

I can't tell from the story but if she was in the resturant and called the cops immediately that would make it more credible
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:49 am

Redskins Win wrote:I finds this story a little hard to swallow :-b

I can't tell from the story but if she was in the resturant and called the cops immediately that would make it more credible

it looks like thats what happened

As far as comparisons to the Wendy's incident. Those people were thrown in prison for 5 years i think. People saw that, i would HOPE people wouldn't chance that for something like this
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby joelamosobadiah » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:00 am

deerayfan072 wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:I finds this story a little hard to swallow :-b

it looks like thats what happened

As far as comparisons to the Wendy's incident. Those people were thrown in prison for 5 years i think. People saw that, i would HOPE people wouldn't chance that for something like this

Trust me. They WOULD. I mean, people will risk like 5 years or something if they think they can get a couple mil out of somebody. :-/
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:08 pm

What gets me is the people who eat this crap expecting not to be disappointed. !+) :-b
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby sportsaddict » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:14 pm

I'm being dead serious here: this exact same thing happened to me at Burger King about 5 years ago. I found a razor blade in my fries, and luckily I caught it before I bit into it. I was furious, and they told me that they use the razorblade to clean or something and it must have fallen in :-t

I haven't eaten at Burger King very much since, as you might imagine.
"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."

-Joe Theismann (pronounced theese-MAN, not rhyming with Heisman)
sportsaddict
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby josebach » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:20 pm

One time I was in the process of moving and I went to the hardware store and to buy some replacement razor blades for my box cutter. Anyway, when I got home I opened the box and there was a McDonald's apple pie in there. Damn box cutter never worked right after that. :-#
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Metroid » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:22 pm

josebach wrote:One time I was in the process of moving and I went to the hardware store and to buy some replacement razor blades for my box cutter. Anyway, when I got home I opened the box and there was a McDonald's apple pie in there. Damn box cutter never worked right after that. :-#

Ha you're clever. :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk