FAVRE IS PLAYING IN 2007 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Green Bay Packers

FAVRE IS PLAYING IN 2007

Moderator: Football Moderators

FAVRE IS PLAYING IN 2007

Postby TruNinerFan » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:16 pm

thanks to Franchise Fan for the sig!!!!!
TruNinerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 156)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby dgan » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:10 pm

I'm going to try to spend one offseason not defending this. Let all the haters go and rip him even though if he DID retire, he'd be retiring younger than any great QB in recent history. As if Rodgers with the youngest team in the league gives them a better shot. As if Favre somehow "stunts" Rodger's growth...please...

I'm just gonna shut up and let them all spout off, and then hopefully watch them eat all their words next season.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby GreenBay4Life » Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:21 am

hey im happy with this one. rodgers isnt ready yet and farve is still better than 15 other qbs in this league. with a young team you need a seasoned vet to lead them into the right direction farve is that guy. this is great for the pack i honestly cant see him playing this season and maybe next season depending on how well they do this yr before he official retires.

2004: 2 League's 2 Championships
2005: 2 League's 2nd place and 6th place
2006: 1 league 2nd place
GreenBay4Life
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby dgan » Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:44 pm

GreenBay4Life wrote:hey im happy with this one. rodgers isnt ready yet and farve is still better than 15 other qbs in this league. with a young team you need a seasoned vet to lead them into the right direction farve is that guy. this is great for the pack i honestly cant see him playing this season and maybe next season depending on how well they do this yr before he official retires.

I agree totally. I would say talent wise, Favre is still a top 10 QB in the league. It's his decision making over the past few seasons that has been atrocious. That really improved this season, and next season will be his second year with McCarthy so...Favre's best season in the past 5 years a real possibility next season. That would certainly be enough to put them in the playoffs as a wildcard team. And once you're in the playoffs, anything can happen.

This is the best I've felt about our upcoming season since Holmgren left. Let's just hope they make a real effort in the offseason. A couple solid starters in key positions and some depth...maybe a couple vets that can help mentor these young guys.

Can't wait!
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Return to Green Bay Packers