Third Year WRs for 2007 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Third Year WRs for 2007

Moderator: Football Moderators

Which 2007 third year receiver will have the best fantasy season?

Poll ended at Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:19 pm

Reggie Brown
25%
Mark Clayton
11%
Braylon Edwards
37%
Matt Jones
11%
Vincent Jackson
13%
Brandon Jones
1%
Chris Henry
3%

Total votes : 76

Third Year WRs for 2007

Postby The Lung » Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:19 pm

If you believe in this theory, where receivers in their third year in the NFL have a breakout season, which receiver will have the best fantasy season in 2007?

A full list can also be viewed here: http://www.fanball.com/football/3wr.cfm
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby eaglesrule » Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:25 pm

call it homerism, but I think Brown has already had the best performance out of all of these choices. Clayton had a really nice year too though. But Brown has a high amount of yard, tds and has the highest yards per catch of the group.

I'd say clayton or brown have the best year.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby steelerfan513 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:38 pm

eaglesrule wrote:call it homerism, but I think Brown has already had the best performance out of all of these choices. Clayton had a really nice year too though. But Brown has a high amount of yard, tds and has the highest yards per catch of the group.

I'd say clayton or brown have the best year.

Clayton had 21 more receptions than Brown did. The only thing I fear with Brown is that McNabb will start to spread the ball around a lot like he did when he didn't have a superstar receiver. After all, Brown, LJ Smith, and Hank Baskett all proved to be good targets in 2006, and it looks like Donte Stallworth will be leaving. It looks like Derrick Mason will be out of Baltimore, which means more opportunities for Clayton, Todd Heap, and Demitrius Williams.

I honestly think that Clayton will have the better year, but there is a convincing argument for both sides. ;-D

Also, where's the love for Mike Williams? :-b
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby BlueBandit24 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:40 pm

I'm torn between Brown and Clayton. I think both have serious potential for next year and both have already produced at a pretty high level. I'll give Brown the edge due to better QB play, but Clayton could easily emerge as a top wideout.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:10 pm

It's between Brown and Clayton. Reggie's already flashed a lot of the big play scoring ability and Clayton's not too far behind. With Mason starting to take a dip in production, I wouldn't be surprised to see Mark Clayton move up to the number one spot on Baltimore. I chose Brown because the Ravens strike me as a run first team, but both are solid choices.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby eaglesrule » Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:21 pm

Clayton had 21 more catches, but what, 120 more yards? I don't think that is

clayton is good. could very well be him. Although Brown has been pretty good considering his two years he played with three different Qbs. He acquitted himself well with mcnabb, mcmahon, and garcia. The spread it around could go the other way, as mcnabb clearly favored owens when he had him, and brown looks like he could be very good.

And, LJ? Smith is still unsigned I believe.

Either or, but I think those are the two front runners.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CC » Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:13 pm

Depending on who ends up as the Browns QB I think Braylon will have a big year. If Plummer is the QB he is a sleeper for the top 10.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kilroy » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:03 pm

CC wrote:Depending on who ends up as the Browns QB I think Braylon will have a big year. If Plummer is the QB he is a sleeper for the top 10.

I wish people would stop saying that. The idea of Jake the Flake at QB for my beloved Browns gives me the heebie-jeebies. :-P However, I agree that Braylon's the best bet of the group to have a "breakout" year. (Although if Stallworth does indeed leave Philly Brown would be neck-and-neck with him).

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Keyser_WV » Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:25 pm

Kilroy1872 wrote:
CC wrote:Depending on who ends up as the Browns QB I think Braylon will have a big year. If Plummer is the QB he is a sleeper for the top 10.

I wish people would stop saying that. The idea of Jake the Flake at QB for my beloved Browns gives me the heebie-jeebies. :-P However, I agree that Braylon's the best bet of the group to have a "breakout" year. (Although if Stallworth does indeed leave Philly Brown would be neck-and-neck with him).

I think Edwards is the most talented of the bunch but the QB position is going to hurt him more than Clayton and Brown.

You have to think Plummer is better than anyone Cleveland has right now which is a little scary.

I see Jake the Snake ending up in Houston. Carr is not getting it done and Jake would be an upgrade imo.
Keyser_WV
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:39 pm

Gotta go with my Michigan boy, my vote goes to Edwards.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Football Talk