Third Year WRs for 2007 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Third Year WRs for 2007

Moderator: Football Moderators

Which 2007 third year receiver will have the best fantasy season?

Poll ended at Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:19 pm

Reggie Brown
25%
Mark Clayton
11%
Braylon Edwards
37%
Matt Jones
11%
Vincent Jackson
13%
Brandon Jones
1%
Chris Henry
3%

Total votes : 76

Postby portisfan24 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:41 pm

I went Chris Henry. If he can stay on the field with that offense I don't care if he is third string. I actually started him for a few games this year and he put up good numbers.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bobbing_headz » Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:57 pm

Edwards is certainly the most talented outta the group. If he can get a decent QB then he should be the one to bust out. I think Brown has already reached his top form, so I doubt he gets much better. As for Clayton, it depends if McNair comes back (is he?). Ravens never really had a stellar offense though so...
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby bigGAME101 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:33 pm

bobbing_headz wrote:Edwards is certainly the most talented outta the group. If he can get a decent QB then he should be the one to bust out. I think Brown has already reached his top form, so I doubt he gets much better. As for Clayton, it depends if McNair comes back (is he?). Ravens never really had a stellar offense though so...

I agree with everything here. There is really no need to expect a drop in production from Clayton, because like you said, the Ravens offense has never been a prolific one anyway. I can't envision them getting any worse, and Clayton should be the no.1 wideout next year. Braylon is awesome and should find success with or without a new QB. The real thing he needs is a line to give him QB (whoever it is) time. If all that goes to plan, I think Braylon and Clayton will find themselves over the 1000 yard mark and with about 8TDs a piece.

North Ancaster Astros - Crusaders Treasure Chest represent
bigGAME101
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby mrblitz » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:19 pm

Some really good receivers potentially on that list. I did vote for Braylon however. I think he's already proven that he is so talented, it doesn't matter who his qb is.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:19 pm

i like most of these guys for breakout seasons next year. Vincent Jackson and Brandon Jones are guys that im going to be looking for in drafts next season. Jackson is a freak of an athlete who seemed to become the number 1 reciever in San Diego towards the end of the season. Another year for Rivers and the constant attention given to LT makes me really high on Jackson.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby terpfan » Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:13 am

I love me some Vincent Jackson. I think Clayton is probably the front runner from this group. Him or Edwards. I like Brown but I dont think hes the best of this group with Stallworth there.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Kilroy » Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:02 am

terpfan wrote:I love me some Vincent Jackson. I think Clayton is probably the front runner from this group. Him or Edwards. I like Brown but I dont think hes the best of this group with Stallworth there.

From Rotowire:

Donte Stallworth: Will Test Free Agency - 2/1/2007 12:11:34 PM

Update:
Although Stallworth says he wants to return to Philadelphia next season, he is going to test free agency before deciding on his team, the Philadelphia Inquirer reports.

Recommendation:
The consensus among Eagles players is that the team should bring back Stallworth next season. The growing belief, however, is that another NFL team will give him a big contract that Philadelphia will be unwilling to match. Stallworth is an unrestricted free agent and recently said the Eagles don't necessarily have to match the highest offer, but money is surely going to be a major influence.

As for Jackson, there's upside there for sure but I'm not nearly as sold on him as some of y'all are on that team in that offense with that coach.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Munboy » Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:57 am

Call me a UGA Homer...Brown! ;-D
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby LoveBoatCaptain » Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:20 pm

No Troy Williamson???

I know he's been a bust so far but Brandon Jones as an option over him? :-?
LoveBoatCaptain
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Timbathia » Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:40 pm

I have to go Edwards, but for some reason this list doesnt look as good to me as previous years have.
Timbathia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk