Third Year WRs for 2007 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Third Year WRs for 2007

Moderator: Football Moderators

Which 2007 third year receiver will have the best fantasy season?

Poll ended at Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:19 pm

Reggie Brown
25%
Mark Clayton
11%
Braylon Edwards
37%
Matt Jones
11%
Vincent Jackson
13%
Brandon Jones
1%
Chris Henry
3%

Total votes : 76

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:54 pm

1. I'm gonna give Matt Jones a wash for 2006 due to injury, and annoint him the next stud WR. Very strong finish to 2006 TD wise. The guy is a redzone magnet ala Fitzgerald.

2. Edwards should be good to very good, but I don't trust the Cleveland Brown's. Like was mentioned earlier, if they get Plummer then maybe, but probably not.

3. Reggie Brown is kinda ho hum, Brian Westbrook just catches too many passes and the ball is spread too much. He has an outside shot of becoming a stud.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Keyser_WV » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:59 pm

LoveBoatCaptain wrote:No Troy Williamson???

I know he's been a bust so far but Brandon Jones as an option over him? :-?

I would be surprised if Troy "hands of stone" Williamson even starts next year.

You know they will bring a receiver in and he couldn't beat out Taylor last year and I don't see that changing.

That was a waste of a first round pick.

I would take Brandon Jones over Williamson every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

I like Matt Jones and Braylon Edwards. Unfortunately they both have inept QB's so unless that changes their value is still suspect.
Keyser_WV
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby aaawall91 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:48 am

Keyser_WV wrote:
Kilroy1872 wrote:
CC wrote:Depending on who ends up as the Browns QB I think Braylon will have a big year. If Plummer is the QB he is a sleeper for the top 10.

I wish people would stop saying that. The idea of Jake the Flake at QB for my beloved Browns gives me the heebie-jeebies. :-P However, I agree that Braylon's the best bet of the group to have a "breakout" year. (Although if Stallworth does indeed leave Philly Brown would be neck-and-neck with him).

I think Edwards is the most talented of the bunch but the QB position is going to hurt him more than Clayton and Brown.

You have to think Plummer is better than anyone Cleveland has right now which is a little scary.

I see Jake the Snake ending up in Houston. Carr is not getting it done and Jake would be an upgrade imo.

You can't seriously belive that Plummer would do better than Carr in Houston?

Carr has one great receiver who is always underrated, but mainly because Carr can't get the ball to him, because his O-line is pitiful at best, and with the lack of (and sometimes total abandonment) of the running game this year gave Carr very little to work with.

I'm looking at Carr's stats, and for such a horrid team he was on this year he really put up very nice numbers, decent TD to INT ration, not very good, but its not horrid.

Carr's biggest mechanical problem is his footwork, which I've heard has greatly improved (whether thats true or false I'm not sure).
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby Kilroy » Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:57 am

aaawall91 wrote:
Keyser_WV wrote:
Kilroy1872 wrote:
CC wrote:Depending on who ends up as the Browns QB I think Braylon will have a big year. If Plummer is the QB he is a sleeper for the top 10.

I wish people would stop saying that. The idea of Jake the Flake at QB for my beloved Browns gives me the heebie-jeebies. :-P However, I agree that Braylon's the best bet of the group to have a "breakout" year. (Although if Stallworth does indeed leave Philly Brown would be neck-and-neck with him).

I think Edwards is the most talented of the bunch but the QB position is going to hurt him more than Clayton and Brown.

You have to think Plummer is better than anyone Cleveland has right now which is a little scary.

I see Jake the Snake ending up in Houston. Carr is not getting it done and Jake would be an upgrade imo.

Carr has one great receiver who is always underrated, but mainly because Carr can't get the ball to him, because his O-line is pitiful at best, and with the lack of (and sometimes total abandonment) of the running game this year gave Carr very little to work with.

I'm looking at Carr's stats, and for such a horrid team he was on this year he really put up very nice numbers, decent TD to INT ration, not very good, but its not horrid.

Carr's biggest mechanical problem is his footwork, which I've heard has greatly improved (whether thats true or false I'm not sure).

I'm hoping like h**l that Cleveland won't be the third NFL team to be suckered into paying Jake The Flake a buncha money. He's a ridiculously overrated quarterback, all the way back to his days at ASU.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:17 am

Kensat30 wrote:1. I'm gonna give Matt Jones a wash for 2006 due to injury, and annoint him the next stud WR. Very strong finish to 2006 TD wise. The guy is a redzone magnet ala Fitzgerald.

2. Edwards should be good to very good, but I don't trust the Cleveland Brown's. Like was mentioned earlier, if they get Plummer then maybe, but probably not.

3. Reggie Brown is kinda ho hum, Brian Westbrook just catches too many passes and the ball is spread too much. He has an outside shot of becoming a stud.

I completely agree with that. I thought last year was going to be Matt Jones' breakout year but injuries slowed him down. If he can stay healthy all next year he'll put up some really good numbers.
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby treat24 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:34 am

eaglesrule wrote:call it homerism, but I think Brown has already had the best performance out of all of these choices. Clayton had a really nice year too though. But Brown has a high amount of yard, tds and has the highest yards per catch of the group.

I'd say clayton or brown have the best year.

ok it's homerism... but you might be right...

unfortunately i think he has the most DOWNSIDE when compared to Braylon and Clayton...

my money is on Edwards
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Keyser_WV » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:34 am

Kilroy1872 wrote:
aaawall91 wrote:
Keyser_WV wrote:
Kilroy1872 wrote:

I'm hoping like h**l that Cleveland won't be the third NFL team to be suckered into paying Jake The Flake a buncha money. He's a ridiculously overrated quarterback, all the way back to his days at ASU.

If Carr wasn't the problem then why is the owner and coach saying they will be looking for a better option?

Carr has failed there is no doubt about it. Time to stop making excuses.

I saw Jaworski break Carr down once and he showed where Carr had plenty of chances to make throws and was scared to pull the trigger.

His O-Line takes alot of the blame but the bottom line is he holds onto the ball to long and is indecisive.

Plummer is most definately an upgrade over Carr. I don't think Plummer is a great QB but he is better than Carr.

What makes you think Plummer will command alot of money? He should come pretty cheap at this point.
Keyser_WV
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby kyguy78 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:16 pm

I love Braylon Edwards, but I think Vincent Jackson will be in for a top 15 season in terms of fantasy numbers next year. WIth teams taking away Gates and more loading up on LT, the athleticism and height of Jackson will make for an ideal target for Rivers to rely on.

"Just when you think you know the answers, I change the questions!"
kyguy78
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby ivesaidway2much » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:05 am

kyguy78 wrote:I love Braylon Edwards, but I think Vincent Jackson will be in for a top 15 season in terms of fantasy numbers next year. WIth teams taking away Gates and more loading up on LT, the athleticism and height of Jackson will make for an ideal target for Rivers to rely on.

How would a team take away Gates AND load up against the run to stop LT2?
ivesaidway2much
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Kilroy » Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:08 pm

ivesaidway2much wrote:
kyguy78 wrote:I love Braylon Edwards, but I think Vincent Jackson will be in for a top 15 season in terms of fantasy numbers next year. WIth teams taking away Gates and more loading up on LT, the athleticism and height of Jackson will make for an ideal target for Rivers to rely on.

How would a team take away Gates AND load up against the run to stop LT2?

It's Easy to do with a simple 5-5-5 Defensive Formation.

:-b

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk