I guess there's no point in even watching the SuperBowl now - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

I guess there's no point in even watching the SuperBowl now

Moderator: Football Moderators

I guess there's no point in even watching the SuperBowl now

Postby FBBVirgin » Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:45 pm

Haley Joel Osment (sp?), the little kid who sees dead people, has the Colts winning Sunday, along with the cast of Gilligans Island and Carrot Top.

Dammit, I was hoping my Bears had a chance, but if those experts picked against them, I may watch re runs of full house or something.

By the way, to see there picks along with other "celebrities", go to ESPN.com
FBBVirgin
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Warhawk » Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:56 am

Well, Eric Allen picked the Bears. He's got an impressive 4-6 record this postseason. ;-7
Warhawk
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Warhawk » Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:09 am

Maybe this will help you.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/ ... id=2750801

However, some of the reasons are kinda dumb.

The Bears are seven-point underdogs! Oh, my. Why are we even playing the game?

Here's why: Denver was an 11-point dog to Green Bay in XXXII and won by seven. Washington was a three-point dog to Denver in XXII and won by 32. Kansas City was a 12-point dog to Minnesota in IV and won by 16. New England was a 14-point dog to St. Louis in XXXVI and won by three. The New York Jets were 18-point (it varies) dogs to Baltimore in III and won by nine.

The smart guys in Vegas aren't always so smart.

Still, favorites are 29-11, and favorites by 7 points or more are 17-5.
Warhawk
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:53 pm

Sweet. Just give Peyton his ring now then. }:-)

Just kidding...
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bobbing_headz » Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:31 am

I saw LT picking the Colts. That's gotta mean something.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby FBBVirgin » Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:48 pm

Everyone is picking the Colts. I think that Jamaican psychic is picking them as well.

That's fine, wouldn't want it any other way.

And by pointing out that LT picked the colts, and then saying that has to mean something, what exactly does that have to mean? I'll tell you. It means that OF COURSE THE MAN WILL PICK THE AFC TEAM.

That's like saying Def Leapord has an awesomeness problem. Pour some sugar on that
FBBVirgin
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby WickedSmaat » Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:51 pm

Warhawk wrote:Maybe this will help you.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/ ... id=2750801

However, some of the reasons are kinda dumb.

The Bears are seven-point underdogs! Oh, my. Why are we even playing the game?

Here's why: Denver was an 11-point dog to Green Bay in XXXII and won by seven. Washington was a three-point dog to Denver in XXII and won by 32. Kansas City was a 12-point dog to Minnesota in IV and won by 16. New England was a 14-point dog to St. Louis in XXXVI and won by three. The New York Jets were 18-point (it varies) dogs to Baltimore in III and won by nine.

The smart guys in Vegas aren't always so smart.

Still, favorites are 29-11, and favorites by 7 points or more are 17-5.

When I first read this last week I was just wondering what the stats were for the favorites. Especially since that was one of 15 reasons the Bears will win. Can't believe that he wouldn't show the stats that are against his reasoning ;-7 But aren't all the experts picking the Bears cause they have no love? Doesn't this happen every year? I've thought the Colts will win the past 2 weeks. Now my wife thinks that the Bears will win because Bears would eat Horses :-D
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting